Forums are back in action! ×

Fitocracy?

I just found Fitocracy and thought it was pretty nifty. Some parts of it seem kinda gimmicky, but it also makes it fairly easy to log workouts, which I liked. And I like earning points. o.o Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else is on there and wants a new Fitocracy friend/follower. :)

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

im on there, but i've stopped using it. it's great to get you on track with logging workouts and for noting progress, but after a while you start to notice that the points are basically arbitrary, and heavily in favour of weight lifting. for example i just logged 1 rep of 50kg standing barbell shoulder press (just under my normal working weight) and 1 rep handstand push up. the points:

press: 42pts

handstand pushup: 6pts

i weigh 90kg. it's a lot harder for me to do that handstand pushup, requires a lot more body control, and effectively has a bigger impact on my body. yet it's worth a 7th of the barbell press. so now i dont bother to log workouts, i just hop on to read group chats :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

I have a fitocracy, too, and I've also quit using it. I don't really need the points as motivation, and many of my workouts are more quantitative than the logging format allows. Rowing got me crazy amounts of points, but it's a pain to log workouts, so I've developed another system for myself.

All that aside, it's a great tool, has a wide variety of exercises, and can be good motivation if you like leveling up. If you're looking for a logger, it's just as good as any of the others I've found.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Here's an older thread with links to everyone's accounts:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?9851-Fitocracy&highlight=fitocracy

I used to really like Fitocracy, but as azsf pointed out, the points are horrible. The developers all do the big 3 and they try to get everyone else to do the same by making those worth the most points. If you try to get them to increase the points for an exercise, they try it and decide if they can feel anything. Never mind that most ab exercises don't start hurting for 30+ seconds if you are conditioned. A bodyweight squat is worth about 1/5 the points of a barbell squat with 0 lbs. A push up is somewhere in that same fractional range of a bench press at 70% of your weight (about equivalent).

I still like logging my workouts there, but as soon as something better comes along, I'm jumping ship. I've even thought about making my page to log my workouts just so that I don't have to support them anymore.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

Whoa! I didn't realize there were so many threads about Fitocracy. I used the search function, but it was filled with every thread, since people have Fitocracy in their signatures. Thanks!

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

I use Fitocracy. I like how easy it is to track my workouts. I agree with what others are saying, the big 3 are overvalued in the points. The big 3 are great lifts to do, but they aren't the end-all be-all of fitness.

Human Adventurer
STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Archived