Forums are back in action! ×

Question about progressing with my squats

LordOfTime

So my original plan was to increase the weight in increments of 5 lbs, but I only have one 2.5lb plate (home gym), and I really don't want to put 5lbs on only one side of the bar. Any suggestions for how to smooth out transitioning in 10lb increments, or just a better solution?

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

I would try it out with a rep or two and see how it feels. if you dont have a squat rack with bail out bars I would do front squats just for saftey if you crumble.

that or pick up a few more plates I have been putting it off for a while now

good luck

LVL 1 Celtic/Warrior

STR 4

DEX 2

STA 3

CON 2

WIS 2

CHA 2

If you hit your aimed sets/reps, then next time add the full 10lbs, because that's what you've got. But then listen to your body, if you're in doubt about the next rep, don't do it. Maybe after you add the weight your sessions go 5x3, then 5x4, then 5x5, then add weight and repeat.

I guarantee, if you can hit 5x5 at a weight, you can handle 10lbs more next time, even if the reps are reduced, you won't crumple. If you can only hit singles and doubles, go with that, and aim to increase reps session to session.

You will taking steps more slowly, but probably maintain the progression rate because you're taking bigger steps.

Archived