Forums are back in action! ×

New... kind of.

To be totally honest, I'm not new here, it's just been so long since I've actually participated in this community I feel as though I need a clean slate and start over. I joined the community in like January '11 and then for some reason just lost it a couple months later. I can't remember why and it probably doesn't matter anymore. I'm back and this is who I am.

My names Matt but all my friends call me "Mad Sci" short for "Mad Scientist". I'm 27, married, in functional shape and a huge, lifelong nerd. I work as a Juvenile Corrections Officer (Jail Guard/Counselor for kids) so I guess I get put in the Warrior class with a Scout inkling (my wife makes me run 5k's).

In fitness terms, I have a love/hate relationship with working out. I love the results I get and I tend to get them fairly quickly. However, I HATE going. I would much rather spend my time playing video games, reading, or, hell, even playing sports. It's just time that I sack up and make a habit of it.

Anyway, that's me. I'll try not to abandon this place again. :eagerness:

Mad Sci

Dwarf Warrior Level 1

STR: 3.5 DEX: 3 STA: 1.5 CON: 3 WIS: 3 CHA: 2

My Challenge/Fitocracy

You're probably aware of Fitocracy already, but if you aren't, it can be pretty fun. Enter your workouts and they give you achievements, level-ups, and so forth. It's possible the best marriage of video-game nerdery and physical fitness so far.

Welcome back to the fold.

Welcome back. Do you hate all forms of working out or do you think there may be something out there that you haven't found yet that you really enjoy doing? That's been a key for a lot of people, finding that something.

I think I need to chceck fitocracy out.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I actually have been using fitocracy (Code name: Bricker). I like it for keeping track of my exercises but I haven't really used it for much else. They've rolled out a bunch of new features lately but I haven't had a chance to play with them.

I'd like to get more involved in the challenges here but I think I just jumped in at the middle of the current challenge.

Mad Sci

Dwarf Warrior Level 1

STR: 3.5 DEX: 3 STA: 1.5 CON: 3 WIS: 3 CHA: 2

My Challenge/Fitocracy

Welcome back! I would second trying to find something that's active and enjoyable; easier to keep it up. The challenges are good too. Tons of support at the very least.

And, another Kansas rebel! RAH.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

Archived