Forums are back in action! ×

I can squat my own weight... plus some!

Today I ran a mile to the gym, breezed through my warm-ups, and worked my way up the weights. I ended up at 125 lbs on my squats and 95 lbs on bench press. Thank you, Starting Strength! Also, I'm pretty sure I did a set on bench press at 100 lbs on accident. I'm 5'3" and 123 lbs, so this is kind of a big achievement for someone who has never, ever done anything athletic outside of dance. ^o^ Woot!

"Down there we know, the streets we know, but up here? Nobody's been here." ~ David Belle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congratulations!! Awesome achievement.

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.

massive grats! gotta love good ol' SS. highly recommend reading the book, gives you a lot of insight into why certain exercises/positions are favourable over others. this is very useful when PT's or randoms in the gym decide to "correct your form" :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Azsf, that's so true! I definitely need to read it for myself. I absolutely hate it when people try to correct my form -- unless I'm slacking off and they're just kicking my butt to do it better. :)

Thanks, Laura! We shall deadlift wookies together some day! Haha.

"Down there we know, the streets we know, but up here? Nobody's been here." ~ David Belle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived