Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there nerdy fit people!

Not sure exactly what I should say here, just that I'm really ready to get in shape and healthy. I've been trying to eat paleo for a while and all goes well for a while until I have some moment where I just don't give a crap and go to Dunkin' Donuts or the vending machine when I take a break from hours of homework. Yes, so I'm in college and the hardest thing I find is time management and when I actually do fun hanging out things people want to involve yummy yet unhealthy food. Incredibly unoriginal issue, I know! But I have a plan--Stick to paleo as much as I can, do strength exercises for 15-20 minutes a day and bike to school and back most days(a total of 40-50 minutes for the round trip). I'd very much like for this to result in weightloss/fatloss, but last time I successfully lost weight I obsessively counted calories so I'm constantly second guessing myself.

I also used to do gymnastics for 7 years when I was younger and I'd very much like to do some tumbling again but I need to rebuild my strength and endurance. I want to make specific goals for that, but I'm not totally sure where to start. That's pretty much it I think... I'm 20 years old, 5'/5'.5" ish, and not sure of my weight for lack of scale, probably somewhere around 150 lbs, I'll be tracking fatloss on measurements with my tape measure thing... I'm excited to be healthy!

Welcome to NF, Shorty!

You don't need to second guess yourself, if you eat right and get your exercise in, you'll be fine. In my humble opinion, counting calories just makes you neurotic about food. Just focus on eating good stuff.

No worries, you'll do great.

Mad Sci

Dwarf Warrior Level 1

STR: 3.5 DEX: 3 STA: 1.5 CON: 3 WIS: 3 CHA: 2

My Challenge/Fitocracy

Archived