Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all!

I've been following the blog\articles for a little bit and figured it eas a good time to join in.

What brought me to this point?

my user name is my amateur radio call sign. Few years ago, i was loading the car for a radio contest. I didn't like how winded i got loading a 100lb UPS battery in and out. So that put the goal in mind but i didn't have a plan (hell i don't think i have now!).

Last year a friend suggested that i should try Muay Thai\kickboxing. A MMA gym opened minutes from from home (there goes the distance argument). Been there for a little over a year. No real plan. i'm there about three times a week and it's still fun.

had a physical this year. it came back with some expected things and some unexpected (high blood pressure, cholesterol, sugar, low vitamin d, and at some point i had lyme disease which was untreated, what the fudge!?!)

though i've been keeping active for about a year, i've trouble breathing, especially when active. i brought this up to my doc and she put me on a nasal spray and an inhaler to take before any activity. To be honest, i'm not sure if it's helping. i think i'm worse now than the beginning of the year.

So now what?

not really sure. i know what i need and want to work on (eating better, breathing better, not tripping on jump rope, doing more than one pull-up, firing off more than one set of kicks) but not sure how to put the ground work into do it

thanks for reading

frank kb1qzh

Awesome! I always wanted to be a ham radio person. I drove around with a CB in my car for months, but never worked up the courage to talk with anyone on it.

Anyhow welcome to the rebellion! glad you're here!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Archived