Forums are back in action! ×

A gnoll walks into the tavern!

Well, hello all, I'm Gnoll Charisma, but you can all just call me Ky. I'll be honest, I stumbled onto this site by sheer happenstance, I got onto youtube today, looking for interesting minecraft videos, and stumbled upon minecraftchick's channel, it had some cool stuff, I browsed some videos, and well, she mentioned this site. So now I'm here. Not the most glorious arrival, but I'm not really the type for epic tales, more the guy who cuts to the chase while giving a small sprinkle of details for added flavor.

So, anyways, introduction time I guess. My name(or at least my online alias) is Kyle Hart, I'm a huge gamer and fantasy nerd, a furry, and a semi-normal 18 year old gay guy. I just turned 18 this month, and I've been wanting to get in shape for a while now. I'm big on fantasy and that sort of thing, always love playing epic heroes and dastardly villains in D&D(4th edition) I normally lean towards a spell caster, or sneak stylized class, but my favorite character(the one who inspired my name actually) was warrior class, paladin specifically. He was a gnoll paladin, of very -very- odd background and history.

Now for those of you who have no idea what D&D is, this is all going to sound even silly, and for those of you who do, it will sound like sheer madness. But that character was a gnoll, raised by dwarves, as a paladin of Moradin. Crazy, and the thing was, he -was- crazy. A paladin using things like ghost whisper, and ferocious charge to manipulate, intimidate, and rip apart his enemies, all in the name of good? He was rather frightening, but the thing was, he had a good strength score, and amazing charisma. And when he was done ravaging the poor, unfortunate goblins he decided needed to be slaughtered, he would always help his team mates, and provide encouragement. And yes, oddest of all, he was a well spoken gnoll.

Anyways, your all probably thinking what does this have to do with me? Well, here it is. I am very much a mage class in real life, with some investment in sneaking. I like to read, I'm well spoken, wear dark cloths, and know how to go unseen. However, I -want- to invest in cross classing as a more warrior based class, and finish balancing out my paradigm. After reading a few articles on this site(namely why people suck at getting healthy, how to become a hero, and the rebellions rules) I really got invested in this. So here it is; I'm a gnoll with unusually high charisma, and a lot of tricks up my sleeve, now I want to get my strength up, and get in shape.

So yeah.. to summarize this entire thing for a tl;dr.

Hi, my name is Kyle and I'm new! :victorious:

Hi Kyle, welcome! It sounds like you'll fit right in here. Your D&D character sounds a wee bit crazy! I don't know if I could RP a character like that, but it does sound like fun.

Good luck.

Level 6 Half-Pony Warrior Assassin
STR 9.5 | DEX 6 | STA 12.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 15.5 | CHA 13.5
Current Challenge: Working out for two

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something" - Jake the Dog

Ohh trust me, he -is- crazy. Any paladin who lures in foes with the screaming of little girls in terror, only to charge them with a battle axe and still claim to be lawful good is obviously a nutjob! X3

As for myself, I'm already working on getting fit, while remaining true to my nerdy gamer self. As a runescape player(life consuming MMO, not as bad as WoW) I figured out that when I'm training crafting with flax, I automatically do a full inventory of it, so it gives me free time without clicking. So now I'm trying to do between 10 to 20 push ups for every inventory of flax. Same goes for woodcutting at my clan citadel, so I go for 10 to 15 jumping jacks per tree limb there. ^_^

Ever since I read a few articles here, I've been really pumped to get fit, and now I'm doing my best at achieving that goal. Thanks a lot for the support healthbar!

Archived