Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Rebellion!

Hey there rebels!

So I stumbled upon this site and I am SO glad I did. A workout site, for nerds..with..LEVELS! Needless to say I was taken in pretty quickly with all the articles that I easily associated to! I suppose I should tell you a bit about myself, and the current..well..leveling I am trying to do IRL.

I'm 20 years old, a girl gamer, and probably always will be. However I have always been over weight, something I have never been happy with. About a month and a half ago there was a shift in my life, and I finally decided to get off my ass and do something about it. So I quit World of Warcraft. Wow, my one true love for the past five years of life. Dropped it cold turkey, and haven't looked back. Sense then I have been changing all my habits, shifting out bad ones with good. My eating is healthier, and I am working out or doing something active atleast 6 out of the 7 days a week. That being said, I'm still new to this. Still trying to develop proper workout routines, still trying to figure out how to eat so I can loose the weight I want. Still working NOT to fall back into bad habits! This site seems like a good start, and AWESOME start! IRL leveling, hell yea I am up for that!

Anyways, just wanted to say hello! Introduce myself, and tell you a bit of my story! Thanks for taking the time to read! :D

-Eleena

Level 0 - Human Dragon Rider - Warrior

[sTR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA ]

"Do or Do Not, There is No Try!" -Master Yoda

Welcome Eleena! Congrats on kicking the WoW habit...that shit's addictive. I had a love affair with it for about 2 weeks a number of years ago, and realized how bad it would be for my entire life if I got sucked in.

What kind of fitness things are you interested in?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wow, that sounds pretty amazing Eleena! I'm new here myself, and I'm amazed by everyone's conviction here. As far as MMO's are concerned, I personally know how life-consuming they can be(runescape is my personal weakness) and I'm not quite strong enough to give it up, but I am trying to incorporate fitness into gaming time with my own personal 'mini-tasks'. For example, in the time it takes in animation to turn one inventory of flax, I can easily do 20 or so push ups.

You sound like your pretty on the ball already though, and I'm sure you'll love the site, I've only been here a day, but I'm already in awe about everything going on here. I hope you enjoy everything here, and reach your goals. And from one noob to another welcome to the rebellion! :victorious:

What kind of fitness things are you interested in?

Hey Mir! Thanks for the welcome! Yea Wow is addictive! Ugh! Anyways, as per fitness I enjoy rugby, and recently started Krav Maga (isralie hand to hand combat..its badass!)! I've never been a big runner, strength is my thing! However I would like to change that! Lean up my muscles, work on my cardio a bit to! :D What about yourself? :D

I hope you enjoy everything here, and reach your goals. And from one noob to another welcome to the rebellion! :victorious:

Thanks for the welcome Gnoll! Damn those video games and being so addictive eh? lol We noobs will become elites though! Don't you worry! Only a matter of time before me and you are sporting the best armour and mounts! ;)

Hey Mir! Thanks for the welcome! Yea Wow is addictive! Ugh! Anyways, as per fitness I enjoy rugby, and recently started Krav Maga (isralie hand to hand combat..its badass!)! I've never been a big runner, strength is my thing! However I would like to change that! Lean up my muscles, work on my cardio a bit to! :D What about yourself? :D

I would love to get involved in something like krav maga...so badass! I started out running a few years ago, but got tired of trying to lose those last 10 lbs, so I switched to strength training. Currently my middle-term goal is to get my squats and deadlifts up to 200 lbs. I've had that as one of my goals for the last 2 challenges, and I'm gonna keep it there until I make it!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You are preaching to the choir, sister! Welcome!!! I cold turkey quit Everquest a couple years ago, in exchange for getting my run on! You've got this!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Welcome to the forums!! Sounds like you've got an awesome handle on what you like to do to keep active (so important...I struggled with this for years). Have you given any thought to specific goals, milestones, etc. that you'd like to reach? Keep us posted! :)

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

Have you given any thought to specific goals, milestones, etc. that you'd like to reach? Keep us posted! :)

Well I think my first biggish goal is to loose thirty pounds! I need to loose about sixty! I figure if I break it up a bit and reach smaller goals I won't get so disheartened! So I may try to shoot for loosing 15 pounds by the end of august! I'm not sure if thats to small a goal, or to large but it feels doable to me! Then in september I am off to New Zealand for a year! So at that point I will have to figure out how to continue my workouts and eating healthy while I travel! I read that playground workout on Nerd fitness! It seems pretty legit, so I think I am going to try it out today! :D

You are preaching to the choir, sister! Welcome!!! I cold turkey quit Everquest a couple years ago, in exchange for getting my run on! You've got this!!!

Haha! Thankyou very much! :D Everyone is so nice on these forums!!

15 pounds by the end of August sounds doable, I think. That's about 2 pounds a week, and 1-2 pounds of weight loss a week is what they say to aim for. Steve has a hotel workout too if you're going to be in one in NZ. I like going into the playground for parts of my workout because there is no way that I could do negatives/inverted body rows in this old house. Have fun! :)

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

So I tried the Playground workout! It was fun! Though I think I did get some odd looks from a few people! Which just made me grin a bit lol. Those swing rows are damn hard though! I'm going to have to watch Steve's video a few more times to make sure I get the form correct for the next workout!

It's less awkward to do the exercises with a friend if the playground is full. Two nerds are better than one! :) I try to go either really early or right before it closes because no one is there usually. And when I get too self-conscious, I remind myself that normal = not fit, so I'll use the playground as my gym because I want to be fit!

Today I discovered that this curved ladder thing (looks kind of like this) at the playground is great for doing inverted body rows. I put my feet on the bottom rung, then grabbed the bar level with my chest, and pulled myself up. It was damn hard, but effective! So when the swing rows get too easy, see if there's something like that to increase the difficulty. Have fun!!

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived