Forums are back in action! ×

noob question about form rollers (I think thats what their called)

shortstuff

I keep a lacrosse ball at my gym, because they didn't have one. Now people there get to watch the pain wash over my face as I sprawl out on top of it.

*...imagines seth belly flopping with precision onto said lacrosse ball....* My head thinks up funny images.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Rumble Roller. I cry just looking at mine. I won't tell you want I do when I actually use it....

Just bought one. Bring the pain!

I had to figure out how to foam roll my inner thigh/groin. I'm sure that looked completely innocent at the gym.

Probably like this...doesn't look dodgy at all ;-)

foam-roller-adductor-exercise.jpg

GoToTheGround"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo TolstoyTwitter | My 130lb weight-loss journey in photos & words 

(considering getting one now)

As painful as they sound, I'm the same

Ok tomorrow I am catching up with friends, I am now not considering getting them, but am going to get one ... if the sport shop has them

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

OMG I now see why they are so great - I started using a noodle (a pool toy made of form) that had been cut into a smaller size today until I get a real form roller, I gotta say, I used it on my back, and it was a tiny bit painful yes, but boy does my back feel better now. Earlier today I used it on my legs, I don't know if I was doing it right or not, or if it was the noodle, as it didn't hurt as much as on my back

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

i've got a rumble roller (small), a black foam roller, lacrosse balls and a thera-cane.

i'm a glutton for pain.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I'm still afraid to use the one at my Crossfit. Also it's almost always in use.

How has nobody mentioned lacrosse balls? They're like 3 bucks each and are just as wonderful/terrifying. I have two at home, two in my car, and two at work.

I use both foam rollers and lacross balls. The latter can be far nastier in the right(wrong?) hands.

Also, if you've ever dealt with iliotibial band issues(semi-common among runners who do a lot of volume), rolling is absolutely essential.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Archived