Forums are back in action! ×

Time to get FIT

What's up all? You can call me Cob. New to the forum here but, I've been using nerd fitness for info for a little over a week. If you want to know about me, you can check the profile. Instead, I thought I would share this little story.

I have spent a lot of my life in physically demanding activities (martial arts, marching band, mountain climbing) but, recently, I have hit a LOT of snags in keeping myself active. Between school, stress, and just general negativity, I had really lost my way. I think it all started when I moved here to Vegas(on three days' notice). I was once a very good, moral person but, I lost my way being trapped in this city.

ANYWAY, I decided that there was no good excuse for my behavior slipping and that my attitude wouldn't help anything so I set out to find a place where I could change that. I never liked the idea of going to a gym because I feel that fitness and health are essential to life and I should not have to pay to be in shape. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to afford it if I wanted too! But, eventually I was recommended this site by a good friend and I'm quite happy with it! One of the reasons I have gotten demotivated towards working out in the past was a feeling of stagnation, I was just doing a routine and not learning. I wasn't developing, I was just working out. This website has given me a sense that I can grow and learn as I develop physically. It's the combination of physical and mental development, I think, that allows you to feel the drive and motivation and this site combines the two better than any I've seen to date.

My goals here are of course to improve my health and fitness. But, I'm not looking to be ripped, with washboard abs.. I have a bit of a belly that I don't think will ever go away. And I think I would look less attractive with a hard stomach anyways. But, my goals are to improve my core strength, general physical ability (hoping to develop some basic parkour chops), and of course, mental strength and character.

Alright, I've rambled enough. Thanks for reading! See you in the forums!

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Hi and welcome to the rebellion! Good luck with your goals!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Mirgss:

I want to get back into regular martial arts practice and mountain climbing. But also, I'm looking for a workout program that fits that bill and gets me in fighting shape!

D_chelyst

Thank you for the link! It would appear this site has everything I need!

Thank you all for the kind welcomes!

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Archived