Forums are back in action! ×

365lb deadlift :)

spezzy

First off - awesome job! I'm working toward being able to do this someday and you are a constant inspiration. :)

Nice pull. The high hip start makes my Weightlifter's heart sad but it's totally working and there's no arguing with results. To 400!

And, not to start another conversation, but can someone explain ^this^ to me? The Google machine has left me confused...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked."

[>.<]

She starts with her rear/hips a bit higher than "ideal". But, at almost 2.5x her body weight (which I don't think any of the rest of us can even get close to)...who cares??

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Damn. Just damn. I was going to compare that to what I lifted this morning, but I'm too embarrassed...

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

And, not to start another conversation, but can someone explain ^this^ to me? The Google machine has left me confused...

Without getting into a whole big deal the high hip start prevents the leg and hip extensors from being fully recruited in the lift. Spezzy makes up for this with silly strong back strength but with better positioning and potentially strengthening her legs she's capable of a lot more.

She starts with her rear/hips a bit higher than "ideal". But, at almost 2.5x her body weight (which I don't think any of the rest of us can even get close to)...who cares??

She'll care when she gets more efficient and pulls more. :)

I've pulled almost 2.6x with low hips. The more you know.

Also for the Rip "shoulders must be in front of the bar" folks consider

. And yes, Tate knows what he's doing (except for the clean advice, ignore that lol).

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

Without getting into a whole big deal the high hip start prevents the leg and hip extensors from being fully recruited in the lift. Spezzy makes up for this with silly strong back strength but with better positioning and potentially strengthening her legs she's capable of a lot more.

She'll care when she gets more efficient and pulls more. :)

I've pulled almost 2.6x with low hips. The more you know.

I should have just waited for your reply....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Thanks! That helps a lot. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked."

[>.<]

Wow .. Congrats ... That's not even 2x BW for me and I'm not sure if I'd ever get to that weight.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived