Forums are back in action! ×

Wanted: Superhero Team to Embark on a Blogging Adventure

You are cordially invited:

What?

This is basically a personal ad, to find 1-3 people who want to blog with me. Simple... right?! What would the blog be about? Well we're on NF, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it would have to be about fitness. I want it to be about anything, your life, your friends, your rants & raves, your reviews. Anything. Literally.

Who?

Well, to start this, let's talk about who I am.

Hello! I am Kevin. I am going to be a junior at the University of Illinois. I do a lot of things. I think I'm funny. I think I'm smart. I think I'm quirky. I'm slightly pensive and a bit sarcastic. I type exactly the way that I talk. Like this. Or like this. Just like this. I'll probably type a lot of blog entries like this. But also, I really like writing, so I am capable of higher level thinking. Don't you worry ;)

You? Well here are some things I would like:

- Capable of typing

- Witty/Funny

- Intelligent

- Age? I'd say under 30? [College-aged preferred... maybe?]

- Good grammar is a must... to a certain extent

- Don't take yourself too seriously

- Overall, it would be nice to find people who are somewhat similar to me, but not exactly the same... cuz then that defeats the purpose.

Where?

Blogging platform yet to be determined. We can discuss that later.

When?

Ideally, I'd want to find this team within the next few weeks, maybe even earlier. Then we can all chat a bit. After that we can get our blog set up. After that we could post at least once every other week... or else you get voted off the island. Cool?

Why?

I got the idea from my friends who started a blog together. Well really they didn't know each other. They had met once, talked on Facebook and then just started a blog together.

So of course, I turned to NF. I know there are a ton of tech-savvy, intellectual, cool, fun, hilarious, awesome people here. And I think that diversity is important. I just think combining minds on a blog is interesting since it gives you different voices to listen to. Who knows if anyone would ever read it. Who cares?

If you're interested [and you've made it thus far], respond here, and I can PM you =]

Kevin

Half-Satyr Adventurer, Level 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4.5 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

about me. | twitter. | dailymile.| fitocracy.

Challenge: 1. 2.

EmlyAnne, Sir Earl and Mad Rocker: I just sent you guys private messages. Check them out and reply when you get the chance.

I'm super pumped that you guys are showing interest. I feel like I'm signing up for an RPG, or applying to college or something haha. There will be rolling admissions. =P

Kevin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds fun! I have a tumblr where I type up little personal things that I need to get out, or stories from my childhood that I feel like sharing (with no one, I don't really have any followers lol) and pictures/videos I repost from my nerdy subscriptions. I love blogging, but sometimes if I don't feel "pushed" to do it I end up letting my ideas become forgotten. So yeah, if you haven't already gotten a group together, I'm super interested.

Hey Alice-on! I used to do that too [tumblr that no one really followed, so it was all for me]... so hopefully having a group will push me to blog more!

Anyway, check your inbox =].

I'll be looking at "applicants" probably through the middle of next week or when I decide that I have a good size/range of diversity.

Kevin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out wordpress! that's what I've used in the past to post blogs. Its free and seems to work well enough. I can't say I could be dedicated enough to post regularly, but I'd be happy to contribute from time to time

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.â€
- E. Joseph Crossman

lvl 1 Cylon Assassin 

STR 3 CON 2 STA 3 DEX 3 WIS 2 CHA 2

~Adapt and Overcome~

Challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22528-new-beginnings

Log http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22111-elefevers-log/

I have a wordpress blog, but I mostly use it as my online journal for reflections. But with that being said, I would be interested in joining your Party. I'm a Final Fantasy Fanatic, so that's a shoo-in for the RPG thing that you're going to have. And I'll contribute in whatever way you'd like, I recently graduated from Univ, so I have my Bachelors already in Biology, So it's your call, my friend.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'm definitely interested in joining, if there's still room. :) I've started a few blogs on different topics, but after a week and a half I'd lose interest ("No one is reading this anyway, I might as well watch tv lololol"). I want to be a writer, and to be a writer you need to practice, but I can be pretty lazy left to my own devices. So being part of a group would be the kick in the pants I need.

As for intros, I'm Klaire from AB, Canada, currently taking theatre performance and creation in college.

RACE: Selkie | STATUS: Puggle STR: 1 | DEX: 3 | STA: 6 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 Level 1: Begin.

You? Well here are some things I would like:

- Capable of typing

- Witty/Funny

- Intelligent

- Age? I'd say under 30? [College-aged preferred... maybe?]

- Good grammar is a must... to a certain extent

- Don't take yourself too seriously

- Overall, it would be nice to find people who are somewhat similar to me, but not exactly the same... cuz then that defeats the purpose.

Well, I can type, don't take myself seriously, and I'm the right age. Not sure I'm witty or funny, but I'd be happy to help out with the blog. Unless you're looking for American contributors, in which case, I'm out.

Sounds interesting :)

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

oh also, Blogger, which uses a google account is good too! That's what I used for our school Envi Sci blog

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.â€
- E. Joseph Crossman

lvl 1 Cylon Assassin 

STR 3 CON 2 STA 3 DEX 3 WIS 2 CHA 2

~Adapt and Overcome~

Challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22528-new-beginnings

Log http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22111-elefevers-log/

I would like to join the party. I just moved to Europe and would love to share my experiences with the rest of the world. As topics I would like to write on: food (eating and making), travel (Europe and surrounding areas), and gaming (pen and paper systems and tabletop games) and staying fit while I do all the above. Cheers.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Hello, everyone!

Check your inboxes, if you've messaged me, you should have received something from me by now. Also, just a note on how this is working. It's pretty much a 2-step "application" process.

Also, I want to make the final decision by the end of the week [Let's just say Saturday at some point]. With that in mind, make sure you're replying to my messages in a timely manner =]

Kevin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived