Forums are back in action! ×

Homebrewing Beer

ICB

But what did you do with all that beer? I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is my biggest single obstacle to brewing. I have multiple carboys, multiple fermenters. I could have about six different beers going at any one moment. BUT if I did, I would have gallons and gallons of beer that no one would drink. What do you guys do with all of your beer?!

I used to give it away as Christmas presents. Then my beer-drinking relatives got all health-conscious and stopped drinking beer. I haven't brewed anything in about three years, though I still have all my gear. Time to start again. Maybe a nice batch of mead, something I can lay down and avoid for a few years.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

I used to frantically brew while I lived in Wisconsin. Usually maintained a cellar of 10-15 kegs but it required numerous 10 gallon batches a month.

Dude... with that much beer you'd be pretty easily breaking the law here in Minnesota. From what I remember you can only brew up to 250 Gallons of beer per household with a license. Not like anyone would call you on it, and Wisconsin is usually a little easier with alcohol laws then Minnesota (stupid can't buy on Sunday law).

Wisconsin is usually a little easier with alcohol laws then Minnesota (stupid can't buy on Sunday law).

Ha ha, I can't tell you how many times we forgot to buy beer for football watching on Sundays (Packers, of course) when I was in college. Thus we had to get up early and make the 30 minute trek to Hudson to get beer. That big liquor store at the first exit must do an absolutely insane amount of business every Sunday.

Georgia was the same way when we first moved here. Last fall allowing Sunday sales here was put to a vote and overwhelmingly passed. Liquor Stores are the biggest opponents of Sunday sales.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I've been brewing for several years and one of my favorite things about it is trying to perfect a recipe. Sharing with family and friends, getting their critiques, making changes and trying again. (Well that and all the stuff like number crunching, measuring, excel formulas...)

Right now I have a Bright Ale clone in primary for my wife and an American Pale Ale in secondary.

Archived