Forums are back in action! ×

about me, not sure how the class thing works?. paleo diet/weight loss/exercise

Hi i am new here, don't really understand exactly how this place works but I decided to join anyway so that I would have some people to keep me accountable and it seems like a pretty awesome place full of awesome people. I am from this little island called Australia.

I am currently 117kg/257lb (i was 120 kg/264 lb when i started) girl, totally unfit and my goal in life is to join the defence force (Army or Airforce) as either an officer or soldier/airwoman. I have been pretty down on myself my whole life which i guess got me to this weight. so my main goal for the next 2 years is to lose wight (40-50kg/88-110lb) and get really really fit so that I can do all the things that have always wanted to do but my weight/thoughts have held me back.

I have never really had a really bad diet but i have however constantly over eaten. I have decided to adopt a Paleo/primal way of eating, i am going to allow myself to occasionally indulge (not binge) on something that i love that is neither paleo/primal and might not even be that healthy :P (who knows i might end up not liking it anyway once my taste buds adjust). I am also keeping yogurt in my diet (the good kind/to a minimum) as i have a dairy tooth and although it may not be the best thing for you it does have some benefits.

I have got a personal trainer who has written up some exercises that are body weight/free weights exercises because well i wanted something that i could do at home with minimal equipment.

Anyway could somebody explain the class system thing to me?

Also the level up your life thing to me?

any paleo/primal diet tips would be greatly appreciated

I kind of get it but i just need some clarification.

Welcome follow Australia who wants to join the defence force, what jobs are you interested in? As for the class, their pretty groups of people with similar goals with a bit of nerd thrown in. For example I run so I am a scout. I say from your goals you would be a adventurer as you want to lose weight / are new and probably unsure where you fit in. As for the leveling up, I guessing it has something to do with the 6 week challenges. When you start your first challenge you get 15 points, and you level up by taken part in the class you have pick mini challenges and by completing your own challenge within the 6 weeks

Hope I have help, feel free to ask more questions if you are still unsure

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Thanks for the clarification on some of those points, I am well versed in everything about joining the ADF including the fitness requirements. I can already do 10 modified/elevated push ups but i am working towards normal ones. Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks for your help.

Well the thing that I am working towards is becoming a pilot (i am leaning towards army but i will apply for the air force as well)

if for some reason i can't do that (i fail flight school or something) then the Army jobs that I am interested in include: Military Police Officer, Engineer Corps Officer, Medical Corps Officer. and one soldier job in particular that i would take would be a combat medical assistant but they aren't hiring them at the moment.

In the air force its either Pilot, Air Combat Officer or Joint Battlefield Aircraft controller (Air Traffic controller)

Archived