Forums are back in action! ×

New to this site, been at it for a while already (transformation inside)

Hey there boys and girls. I am new to this website, but I have been working out for a while now. I figured I'd start by telling you my story.

I began training like most of us do, to secure dominance on a local underground kung fu fighting circuit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so maybe I was just a scrawny kid with a bad haircut that didn't want to look like a sailboat when I put on a T-shirt, but I digress.

Now for some pics of my most magnificent metamorphosis (sarcasm).

Here I am in high school, probably my junior or senior year(not quite sure). I hated going to the barber with a passion and it shows. This remains probably the worst photo of me in existence:

6xbKz.jpg

Not much later in time, here is a pic of me that shows how skinny I was. The full pic makes me look about 7' tall, I'm really only 6'2''.

t16xj.png

When I got to college in the fall of 2010 I decided pretty quickly to start working out consistently. I could already bench 185 lbs when I "began" working out from high school sports, but I still looked pretty skinny. Within about a month or two of working out I was here:

HPJ0A.jpg

And here's me after about a year and a half of working out:

2LXo5.png

I don't want to bore you to death with 9000 photos of my evolution, but the most recent pic is my (now former) avatar in which I dropped some weight to cut up for the summer.

UPKLO.png

Oh and of course, no transformation would be complete without an update on that mean mug.

Me just now, kind of tired with a new haircut. I cut it myself (I still hate the barber), haha. Bonus points if you noticed the pull-up bar.

R745E.png

Welp hope somebody found that... semi-worthwhile. Working out from late 2010 till now, so a little under 2 years. If anyone's wondering my stats went from about 170 pounds to 205 pounds and then back down to 185-190 in recent pics as I shed some of the extra bodyfat. I've been 6'2'' the whole time. Thanks for reading.

Hey, somebody replied! Haha thanks! It wasn't too tough, the hardest part was staying consistent. I've worked out at least 3 or 4 times almost every week since I've started, minus a few setbacks. That doesn't mean I'm obsessed. If I thought I had to be 100% committed to diet and exercise to get results, I would have given up a long time ago.

Agree consistency is the key and your lucky that you are young as it does get harder as you age to maintain etc.

Happy to reply, I especially like reading success stories and you have a goodie:)

Oh & welcome to NF!

'Don't quit, two words, that's it' :-)

Hey thanks everybody! Ironic? U mad horsedog? Come at me bro. Haha you're right about my name, "Brah" is meant to be entirely satirical. I'm still pretty much the same kid I was when I started, except I'm less awkward... and better with girls.

Hey thanks everybody! Ironic? U mad horsedog? Come at me bro. Haha you're right about my name, "Brah" is meant to be entirely satirical. I'm still pretty much the same kid I was when I started, except I'm less awkward... and better with girls.

BAHAHAHA! That's what I'm talking about - "Come at me bro" (hands down, the most hilarious line on the internet :)).

Again, welcome and glad to have you aboard!!

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

@ shortstuff and EightDigit: Thanks!

@ Horsedog: I wouldn't say it's the funniest line on the internet but I have definitely told a few too many (sometimes inanimate) things to "come at me."

@ ETF: Well truthfully in Michigan bro is way more common but it wouldn't let me register as bro. : (

@ rtalencar: I started bulking back up a few weeks ago. My weight jumped back up from 185 to 192, but some of that was definitely water weight. Today I actually decided to cancel that and just cut/maintain until I go back to school in late August. The reason being, college meal plan bulking is WAY easier and I want to be as cut as I can for the start of the that. I'll probably lean bulk through the winter, and do a mini cut when it's done. I hate bulking really hard because my face looks chubbier and my skin breaks out, haha.

As for goals, I don't really make them too specific anymore. It's hard to gauge them because progress is SO much slower than when I started. Goodbye sweet newbie gains. Right now I'm trying to get better at some bodyweight exercises. I want to be stronger and leaner, but I am ok with where I'm at for the time being.

Archived