Forums are back in action! ×

Corsica - kayak trips

lemongranita

Has anyone any recommendations for kayaking in Corsica? Either a particular stretch of coast or a good kayak hire company?

We're planning on going in September, so looking at sea rather than whitewater. There are some amazing looking 7 day trips etc that I've found online, but I'm really hoping for more of a one day or overnight camp thing to do in between relaxed sightseeing and hiking.

We're reasonably experienced and quick kayakers, so would be up for guided or unguided trips.

"she interpreted falling down not merely as a means of improving, but as evidence that she was improving." - Matthew Syed on Shizuka Arakawa.Frost elf assassin after 4 challenges: STR: 11 | DEX: 12 | STA: 7.5 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA: 5.5My Fitocracy profile"

Hey there!

I really do not have experience with kayaking, but just wanted to share that I did canyoning in Southern Corsica years ago (around Ajaccio), and it was stunningly beautiful and not as overdevelopped as the North. Unfortunately that's all I have to share, but heartily -- go South!

Breton Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 5 WIS: 5 CHA: 3

[challenge thread]

"I thence / Invoke thy aid to my adventurous song, / That with no middle flight intends to soar." (Milton)

Thanks for the tip. I'm very tempted by canyoning and although we're staying in St Florent I hope we can find time to go further south.

Not long now, can't wait!

"she interpreted falling down not merely as a means of improving, but as evidence that she was improving." - Matthew Syed on Shizuka Arakawa.Frost elf assassin after 4 challenges: STR: 11 | DEX: 12 | STA: 7.5 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA: 5.5My Fitocracy profile"

Wow. Corsica. So cool. What an adventure paradise! I know it's not at all kayaky but I've wanted to hike the GR20 route for ages. You've now expanded my excitement: perhaps a trek, canyon, kayak super-trip's got to be in my future.

Enjoy the trip!

illcDimension hopping Ranger-Cartographer, level 2STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 5 CON: 6 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Training Log

Of Goats and Rucks Challenge (June -July 2013)

~Take care. Be bold.~

Archived