Forums are back in action! ×

So over pills...

I'm so completely over antidepressant medication. I've been on Paxil since the end of April, and I hate it. I hate that when I miss ONE dose, ONE, I'm ready to throw up and I have horrible nausea. I freaking hate this feeling, I hate that it's never stopping.

I've been trying to taper off but it's not going fast enough for me and I know I know patience. Luckily I have discovered Vanilla helps with the nausea, especially yogurt.

I'm just angry and upset and blah.

Now I sit here and wait until it passes...

Happy. Dreamer. Runner. Teacher. Fighter. Girl.

My journey for the juju.

KellyElizabeth's First Challenge Thread

I hear you. I've been on some icky meds, too. But it's wisest to go off your meds under your doctor's supervision so that she or he can make sure that you don't go through withdrawls, which is sounds like you are experiencing. Also, abruptly stopping certain drugs can be very harmful to your health.

Edit- I may have read your post wrong. I thought you were saying that you weren't going to take them anymore, but it kind of didn't sound like that when I reread it. Sorry if I made an assumption.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

That must suck, have you spoken to your doctor about the feeling sick when you miss one? I don't know much about antidepressant medication, but it still may be worth to bring it up next time you see them.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I hear you. I've been on some icky meds, too. But it's wisest to go off your meds under your doctor's supervision so that she or he can make sure that you don't go through withdrawls, which is sounds like you are experiencing. Also, abruptly stopping certain drugs can be very harmful to your health.

Edit- I may have read your post wrong. I thought you were saying that you weren't going to take them anymore, but it kind of didn't sound like that when I reread it. Sorry if I made an assumption.

It's not a bad assumption because I would LOVE to be able to quit cold turkey and never look back. I know however that's not the healthy thing to do. Full withdrawl from paxil could lead back to some of the things that I ended up having to go on Paxil for....no bueno. I've been visiting my best friend and sometimes I'm so busy visiting and doing things that I just forget to take them, and ignore the alarm on my phone... bad I know. I am tapering off, it's just so slow going. :(

That must suck, have you spoken to your doctor about the feeling sick when you miss one? I don't know much about antidepressant medication, but it still may be worth to bring it up next time you see them.

He says that because I was on such a high dose when I started, not super high but not a low either, that my body needs to taper. When I miss one he says my body goes into a mini shock and freaks. Sucky suck suck.

Hold in there. We're here for you.

Thank you. Just had to rant a bit.

My journey for the juju.

Once upon a time I was on all of that mess. I had pills for the side effects from other pills, and it wrecked my body hardcore. You know your mind and body best, but I've actually had a lot of success managing manic-depression with a good healthy diet. I still swing both high and low, but I couldn't handle being on medication.

I guess the moral of the story is, if you find a doctor who is willing to work with you on slowly and safely working you off medicine that makes you feel like crap there are other options. Whether it's a different med that doesn't mess up your body, a different diet, or whatever works for you you don't have to feel sick all the time to feel better.

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

Once upon a time I was on all of that mess. I had pills for the side effects from other pills, and it wrecked my body hardcore. You know your mind and body best, but I've actually had a lot of success managing manic-depression with a good healthy diet. I still swing both high and low, but I couldn't handle being on medication.

I guess the moral of the story is, if you find a doctor who is willing to work with you on slowly and safely working you off medicine that makes you feel like crap there are other options. Whether it's a different med that doesn't mess up your body, a different diet, or whatever works for you you don't have to feel sick all the time to feel better.

Thanks! I told my doctor I had started running again, and doing my yogalates. So he said I could start tapering off, I did two weeks on half a dose, and now I'm on a month of a quarter of a dose if that doesn't help I'm to go back to half and so forth. I'm ready to be done. I fought so hard to not have to take this stuff but in the end it was literally the last option. I'm not too happy to say that I was very unhealthy for quite awhile. :(

It'll get there, just takes time.

My journey for the juju.

Archived