Forums are back in action! ×

I hesitated to join in the forums because every time I've attempted to become physically fit, it lasts for about a day or so. Now it's been two weeks and I've only skipped one day of exercising (it was raining outside and I didn't feel like modifying my routine for indoors at the last minute). I guess that means I'm serious. I started at 150lbs, and I'm working on fitting into my pants--which are too big. I always joked about it, but I recently realized how frustrating it is that I can either wear high-waters that stay on, or have long enough legs but always pull my britches up. I can't have the good of both worlds. Just to make things interesting, my lovely wife is working on going in the opposite direction. She is less enthusiastic about Nerd Fitness, but with me helping now instead of saying, "Oh you look fine! Here, have a cheeseburger!" we are both making progress.

I'm up to about 158 over two weeks and my arms are no longer atrophied! It's nice to see progress already, but I'm still working toward the Thor look. Here are some basic stats to get started:

My Routine (MWF using a local playground):

-Pull ups

-Squats

-Chin ups

-Sit ups

-Push ups

-Planks

We are doing a hybrid Paleo diet. Mostly raw fruits and vegetables, meat dishes, healthy oils like coconut, and so on. We do consume grain and milk. I make my own granola that will turn anyone into a full-fledged hippie, and we won't give up our sandwiches. But we are certainly eating less carbs and eating far healthier than ever before.

I'm debating whether to keep a public log here, simply because I don't know that I can count on myself to keep it up-to-date. But I'm taking full advantage of being a nerd and keeping track of my progress with Evernote on my rooted HTC Amaze.

Archived