Forums are back in action! ×

I'll just put this here...

Hey all, just stopping by to introduce myself and say hi!

So a little about where I come from and where I'm going...

I have been fit and active pretty well my whole life, so working out and eating healthy isn't really new to me at all. I currently work a labor intensive job, I spend most of my days walking around/shoveling/digging/hauling stuff. Even when you come from an active back ground, you can still find yourself gaining weight, which is where I'm at right now :P I let some life stuff get in the way of my usual routines, so I have some excess weight to get rid of. Plus I'm working towards a pretty huge career goal... one you need to be in top shape for. I'm in the process of becoming a career fire fighter, so I'm working on my strength and endurance, as well as diet. As a 5'2" woman, I need to be even more on my game and have even more to offer, more strength, more cardio, and more education. You can coast along doing whats easier in life, or you can go all in and do what you want, even if it seems more difficult. I chose to be all in.

Other than that I play co-ed and mens hockey, and am also training for my first half marathon. For weight lifting I do a routine called the 5X5, where you do 5 sets of 5 reps for a compound movement. I'll let you know how its working :)

I decided to switch up my diet to paleo as well, so far so good! We'll see how I feel in a month, I think its gonna be a good change!

I'm looking forward to posting up some progress soon, as well as reading all of your stories and progress :)

Awesome career goal, I"m totally impressed! Sounds like you're already doing a ton of good things... I'm hoping to get to that kind of place myself. I'm just now starting to work on my strength, and I'm so glad to see so many inspiring people on the forum! =)

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

Hi, hailto_thechimp! I'm also new. I just wanted to say that when I saw your career aspiration and height (I'm "around" 5'3), I thought, "awesome". Wish you the best :)

Florei

Human Adventurer, Level 1

"I aim to be the world's loudest ranger." - Florei

It's on: 6 weeks of  P90, archery, and healing herbs.

Archived