Forums are back in action! ×

First Pistol! (Kinda)

Ghost

Second day back to school, and it's off to the gym.

Walk in, intending to just do negative pistol, and what do you know I did a full pistol!

But, it was with a 4kg weight in from of me. So that somewhat retracts from the achievement.

But I did surprise myself when I squatted down, and then pushed back up.

It must have been hard on my leg, because I could barely do negatives after the initial one.

I could almost do one on my left leg, and I think I could have. But my left hamstring is still on the repair.

So even though it's not an unassisted pistol, it is still only using a light counterweight.

So woot I guess?

How does a weighted pistol not count as a full pistol? Consider me confused.

Yes though weighted pistols with a small weight are easier for most people, the strength that you have to spend to balance detracts from the amount of strength you can use to squat.

I found as I increase the weight that my weaker leg becomes my stronger leg. It isn't actually weaker, it is significantly worse at balancing to the point where it has a huge impact on my squatting strength. As the weight goes up to the balance gets easier and the weak leg becomes the strong leg. My left leg is weaker to somwhere between +30 lb to +50 lb; at +30 lb my right is still stronger, at +50 lb my left is stronger.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Archived