Forums are back in action! ×

Clearly I Need Mental Help

Anivair

I'll tell you what someone said when we told her that we were hiking the Grand Canyon, in the "danger months," in 90-100degree heat, with 40lb packs, on an 8mile unmaintained trail with a 6000ft change in elevation:

She threw the warning notice on the table and said, "We can do this."

You're already a fitness ninja! You don't train for an event, you train for LIFE.

Have fun, show us pictures when you're done!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Anivair joined the team my wife and I put together for this race, which is being run to benefit Autism Speaks (my son has autism). It should be a great time, and I know he's going to kick Ninja tuckus!

If anyone else in the Columbus/Dayton area would like to join up, feel free to contact me! The race is this weekend... but I think there are still slots left.

The Grizzled Ronin - Human Assassin

STR – 2 | DEX – 3 | STA – 3 | CON – 3 | WIS – 1 | CHA - 3

I"ve unplugged my brain. Unjacked my psyche. I've stopped being crazy, but I'm one of very few

The Grizzled Ronin Accepts A Challenge

OMG this would be sooooo awesome!

Fair warning - we finished our first mud/obstacle run and signed up for another one right away.... LOL.

YOU WILL RULE MUD NINJA!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I wish they had these around NYC! It seems like a good intro to my eventual goal (completing a Tough Mudder)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

I've done some mud runs in the past, Take your time and just have fun, when you do mud run type activities your always half the time waiting in line behind others waiting in line behind those attempting the different obstacles lol. Mud runs are a blast though and this one in particular looks fun.

I'm doing two mud runs in 3 weeks coming up, one on August 18th for MS by myself and one on September 8th at a military base for soldiers with a team of co-workers. Mud runs are fun as hell, they beat you down but you have fun doing it, especially if you have a team to help each other through the obstacles.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

I've done some mud runs in the past, Take your time and just have fun, when you do mud run type activities your always half the time waiting in line behind others waiting in line behind those attempting the different obstacles lol. Mud runs are a blast though and this one in particular looks fun.

I'm doing two mud runs in 3 weeks coming up, one on August 18th for MS by myself and one on September 8th at a military base for soldiers with a team of co-workers. Mud runs are fun as hell, they beat you down but you have fun doing it, especially if you have a team to help each other through the obstacles.

The line standing actually makes me think i might stand a chance. I just did a 2 mile run with some obstacles yesterday to test myself and it was brutal. (more on that in my challenge thread if anyone cares).

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

If you like Mud Ninja, there's also Ruckus at Columbus Crew Stadium on Sept. 19th and Hell Run at Buckeye Lake on Sept. 29th. Fun stuff!

The Grizzled Ronin - Human Assassin

STR – 2 | DEX – 3 | STA – 3 | CON – 3 | WIS – 1 | CHA - 3

I"ve unplugged my brain. Unjacked my psyche. I've stopped being crazy, but I'm one of very few

The Grizzled Ronin Accepts A Challenge

Archived