Forums are back in action! ×

No Ifs, Ands, or Jiggly Butts

Hi Guys! :emmersed:

I have been peeking around Nerdfitness for a couple of weeks, and I am thrilled to finally get involved in the forum.

I doubled my weight when I moved to Alabama nearly ten years ago, and I have been yo-yoing back and forth with only 50 lbs every time I diet. I would like to lose the entire near-200 I put on and stop messing around!

Several months ago I made some major changes with my diet. Choosing to eat for my health, rather than eat for my emotions or just for the taste of unnatural flavors with which to stuff my face, helped me lose 50 lbs very easily and with no exercise. I have been doing a lot more hiking and moving around since February. Now I am ready to take things to the next level and get into a regular routine of physical activity, including regular workouts to build muscle and tone.

I have done all the research, I have all the knowledge. In the past I just haven't had the right amount of motivation. Somehow, I found it, and I am finally ready to make permanent lifestyle changes!

I started the C25K program, and I am looking forward to being able to run 3 mi straight in a couple months! I also want to change to a more paleo version of my diet, and want to do a body weight workout 3xweek.

Thanks for your support!

MELISA

Changeling Adventurer

STR - 2 / DEX - 1 / STA - 1 / CON - 4 / WIS - 2 / CHA - 5

My First Challenge

Welcome! C25k is great. I graduated a while back, but then restarted the program this summer. What I find helped me really commit this time is to find a race that is around the time you will complete C25k and sign up. Do it. Do it now. =]

Kevin

Half-Satyr Adventurer, Level 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4.5 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

about me. | twitter. | dailymile.| fitocracy.

Challenge: 1. 2.

Good luck with the C25K! It wasn't for me (I'm too impatient for the structure, so I just interval ran for a few months before starting to run continuously outside), but I've heard GREAT things from a lot of people. I think there are links on the site, but look for the playlists specially made for the program - I hear they're really good :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Welcome! C25k is great. I graduated a while back, but then restarted the program this summer. What I find helped me really commit this time is to find a race that is around the time you will complete C25k and sign up. Do it. Do it now. =]

This is great advice, and I am all signed up for my first race, but I am having a huge problem graduating out of the early weeks of the program. I am keeping motivated by reminding myself that if someone were chasing me, be it zombie, mugger, or woodland beast, I wouldn't get far! Plus, the terrible humidity in Alabama and a recent pneumonia mean the breathing is really hard if I don't do my run really early in the morning. Still plugging away!

Good luck with the C25K! It wasn't for me (I'm too impatient for the structure, so I just interval ran for a few months before starting to run continuously outside), but I've heard GREAT things from a lot of people. I think there are links on the site, but look for the playlists specially made for the program - I hear they're really good :)

Thanks for the advice about the playlists! Love my app's internal player, but sometimes I want a better mix.

Welcome! best of luck with the C25k! Hope you start that bodyweight workout soon, too. (gotta love them bodyweight exercises!) Let's do our best!

Thanks! Honestly, getting into a bodyweight routine has been tough. I know it is so important to help me with my running goals, too, but not having a workout partner feels like I am less accountable and so I skip it a lot. I hope this 6 week challenge improves my motivation and dedication.

MELISA

Changeling Adventurer

STR - 2 / DEX - 1 / STA - 1 / CON - 4 / WIS - 2 / CHA - 5

My First Challenge

Archived