Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! It is I, Mshathvri!

Hi guys! I just got here. I found Nerd Fitness through Mark's Daily Apple, and I'm so glad that I did. I've been inspired to get to level fifty. Currently, I am a level 10 composer, a level 9 family member and friend, a level 10 bad ass mom, and a level 11 well and happy person. (I created my own leveling system with repeatable xp-gaining achievements in these four categories.)

I have a five-month-old son, and I'm really excited to raise him in primal, nerdy style. His dad is an applied physicist. I'm a piano teacher and a composer. This little boy is going to ramble all over the joint and eat lots of real food, and I am going to lead the way!

In fact, we're going to walk to Mordor together. =) He'll be in a stroller or I'll be carrying him in a pack.

I have been eating primally since June 18th and have dropped nine pounds and two dress sizes. I am on a frickin' roll, and every time a new NF article goes up, I roll even harder; I get incredibly inspired. Just today, my son and I rolled on over to the park and logged in two miles to Mordor.

So, I'm excited to be here and I can't wait to get to know everyone. =) Hi! Hi! Hi!

My plan for the next year (July 23, 2012-July 23, 2013):

I am walking to Mordor! I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.

I am doing Convict Conditioning.

I am eat primally.

I am not weighing myself for a year.

Starting weight: 223

Current weight: ??

Goal weight: 145

Hi! You sound so motivated, I love it!

Ooh, I just saw that you're not weighing yourself for a year. How interestin! I wish I had the willpower for that, but I"m just now trying to break my addiction to daily weighing. How long have you not been using a scale?

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

I've been refusing to use the scale for about a month. Instead I've been taking a weekly picture and posting it to the Mark's Daily Apple forums. It's actually been kind of neat to watch various parts of my body deflate (so long, boobs!). And HI! right back to you. =) My boyfriend has gone primal with me (for him, it was not so much of a stretch), but he's been weighing himself multiple times a day. I don't think I can handle the emotional roller-coaster, so I'll stick to pictures and progressively more difficult bodyweight training.

Tomorrow, I will weigh myself for the last time (so I can deliver a promised weight update to the MDA forum people who follow my journal there), and then no! more! scale! for! me! For a year. It should be interesting. I'm hoping that the primal eating + convict conditioning + walking to Mordor regime will show some significant improvements in my health and appearance.

I am eat primally.

What do you mean by walking to Mordor? Walking that total distance in a given time?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

I'm talking about this: A Hobbit's Guide to Walking. I am hoping to complete this task within a year, but I have some walking to do! I'm also planning to rewatch the movies, because OMG WHY NOT?

I am eat primally.

I know, right? This is going to be so epic. My husband and I are about to strike out for another mile or two, baby in stroller. Do you have a favorite place to go walking? There's a park right next to my house that I love.

I am eat primally.

I don't have a place in walking distance, but here in Columbus, OH we have plenty of little parks and an awesome bike trail. Today I went to Antrim Lake, which has a walking trail around it, and I walked two laps. It's so pretty there!

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

You are indded on a roll, and spending some time here will definately keep you rolling that weight down and make you feel soooo much better. So cool that your husband is in there with you and sharing the journey. Consider yourself lucky and give him 5 support points right now !!!

Good luck on the road, you will make it !

Thorsten

[table=width: 500, class: outer_border]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thorsten

Space Wizard and Ranger

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2

CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Level 1

Introduction

Battle Log

Current Challenge

[/table]

Mshathvri, your excitement is infectious! I found myself smiling while reading your post :) Good luck with your Mordor challenge!! Oh and welcome :)

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Hey guys! Guys! I just got a baby hiking backpack for my birthday! Wheee! That will make walking the baby to Mordor much easier. =)

Daisy88, join me. We'll walk to the dark side together.

Thor, many thanks! I'm looking forward to following your progress here. You've come such a long way already!

d00slip, YAAAY! The more smiling, the better. =)

SirEarl: Music, music, music! I'm glad to make composing one of my big four priorities. It makes my time management strategy so much more clear. Are you a composer too? Get out of town! Awesome. =)

I am eat primally.

Archived