Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there! I guess nerds CAN be fit too indeed :D

Guest Xeronimo74

Guest Xeronimo74

Hi there,

I'm 37 and from a tiny country in Europe (Luxembourg). I happen to work in IT and I'm quite a sci-fi and history nerd. I've never been overweight but I had packed some weight over the last years that I wanted to get rid off again. Sites like this one (and the one from Mark Soisson) got me on the right track again! Changing my diet and incorporating short but intense workouts really do make a difference although I'm still trying to work out the details and how to maybe be a little more effective still.

I'm looking for inspiration on this blog and forum!

Oh, and one of the craziest things I've done in my life so far is to walk 800kms on foot in a little over 4 weeks. Unfortunately not in Vibrams! Didn't know they at the time ... Still, had only one blister!

Looking forward to meet you.

Guest Xeronimo74
That...is a whoooooooole lot of walking! Anyways, welcome to the forums! Hope you find what you're looking for!

Thank you! And yes, it is ;) FYI, it was the 'Camino Francès' in Spain, a medieval pilgrims' route: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Way (I didn't do it for religious reasons so but rather as a challenge and some time off - among the best things I've ever done!).

Welcome, friend. Awesome walk you did. If I ever need a pal for an epic walking adventure, can I call you? :) Don't feel too bad about the Vibrams: personally I don't think they are the perfect shoe for walking: I have a long stride and therefore land on my heel and over long distances it ends up killing my knees.

Archived