Forums are back in action! ×

Making Changes... and not just for me

Since I was little I’ve struggled with self-image and confidence issues. I come from an overweight family. My mother was an emotional eater and depressed during my childhood, which ended up rubbing off on my sister and I at a young age. My mother had the gastric-bypass surgery a few years ago and it’s done wonders for her health, and soon my sister will also be having the surgery as well. I’m very happy for them and genuinely believe this has been a great choice for them. But that’s for them. Personally, I don’t want to have any surgery, even if I did qualify for it (which I don’t... yet). I feel I’m at the breaking point of staying overweight and getting truly obese for the rest of my life, or smacking myself around a bit and taking charge of my health. I’ve honestly always had commitment issues, considering I am an emotional eater, but I’ve been watching my daughter mimic some of my bad habits recently and I’m done. I don’t want her growing up with the fitness issues I did, I’ve never been able to run as fast as anyone else, and there’s always someone who can lift something heavier. I want to be stronger and faster for my daughter. I know she’ll love me any way that I am, but I want to show her how to love herself, by showing her how to take care of herself. So, enough is enough, I’m joining the Rebels. The Empire can keep their skinny, unhealthy ‘role models’, while shoving their fattening foods in ours faces. I’m showing my kiddo the light…

What a great reason to start working out. Best of luck and welcome!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

You do not want to get to the point of surgery if you can help it. I had gastric sleeve a year and a half ago and it has been a huge help with regards to me changing my life, however people don't realize that only your body changes, your mind and the bad habits you grew over your years alive do not go away over night.. you can look at this wonderful picture of me on the side, who at max weight was 373lbs, and you can say wow look he is awesome and all must be well.. the emotional eater is still there, the bad habits are still there, so in addition to the surgery and working out, I see a nutritionist a few times a year and also a therapist weekly.

but if you can turn the tide now you can maybe avoid all of that! I wish I found nerd fitness years ago, in the brief time i've been here it has changed my life already.

good luck friend, and make a workout log in the log forum section so you can keep yourself accountable and we can cheer you on as you transform like Optimus Prime!

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Archived