Forums are back in action! ×

bar exam over. woot!

erawka

Any other law types out there, you feel me? BIG WOOT for getting it all done with. Second and bigger woot upon results in two months.

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Way sweet! I am super into law myself, and plan to start going to college in January, with a focus on going to law school once I can. I plan to focus on criminal law, and become a criminal prosecutor focusing mainly on internal government corruption. What focus did you/do you plan on getting into?

Also, which law school?

Thanks folks! I feel so much better now... I hope I never do that again.

Tin man, your friend must be zonked. That's an incredible amount of brain stamina.

Jcannon, that's a pretty tight focus! Good for you. Keep watchdog groups in mind as an option too -- going to law school peels back the veil on corruption in a way I didn't expect -- but I admire your laser-like precision. :) I've worked primarily for public defenders and civil rights firms since I started, and I'll volunteer at the county PD when I'm back from my much-needed vacation. I went to Lewis and Clark, and I plan to stay in Portland. It's a pretty tough job market for lawyers here, so I may find myself doing something unexpected. That's okay too, as long as it's work I can do in good conscience. Where are you going to college? I assume Evergreen if you're in Lacey, but please correct me.

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Awesome! Law school, as you've probably researched, is totally not cheap. That's wonderful that you'll be able to go for so much less. Please hit me up if you have any questions about the process along the way. I'd be happy to share my two bits, although at this stage, you've planned it out way more thoroughly than I did when I started college.

Battle Log

Wow...the only law exam I've taken was operating a Light Antitank Weapon in boot camp like 20+ years ago...and I don't think that it was as great an accomplishment. Woot to you!

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congratulations. I hope you deal with the waiting for results better than I do :(

Wow...the only law exam I've taken was operating a Light Antitank Weapon in boot camp like 20+ years ago...and I don't think that it was as great an accomplishment. Woot to you!

I would LOVE to take that exam.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived