Forums are back in action! ×

Another Newbie here

Hi all,

I've been reading NF off an on for a couple of weeks now. I am having trouble building momentum at the beginning of my fitness journey, so I thought it might help if I make a public commitment by posting in the forum. I'm 22, 5'11, 145 lbs, female. I played volleyball and basketball all through high school but I basically stopped working out once I got to college. I've gained a little bit of weight during this stagnant period, like 5 pounds or so. I had a brief period last summer where I went to the gym every day to spend hours doing cardio and counted calories, etc., it was pretty unhealthy. Even though I was an athlete in high school I am completely new to lifting weights, since no one wanted to waste precious weight room space allowing the girls to work out at my high school. I hate running. My inspirations are spezzy, Ninja Warrior, and Khal Drogo.

My short term goals: learn as much as I can about weight lifting, fitness, and nutrition and get started on the right path. Learn and practice proper form lifting weights.

Long term goals: be a lot stronger but also be fit enough to be up for anything: hiking, parkour, dancing, basketball. I live for beating boys who assume that I am weak and stupid because I am female.

Any advice on what class I should be would be appreciated--I was thinking Ranger? Also any tips on getting started and not feeling like a doofus in the free weights room would be good too.

Level 1 Lab Experiment Gone Awry

STR 3 - DEX 1 - STA 2 - CON 1 - WIS 5 - CHA 3

Archived