Forums are back in action! ×

I'm sure you get this a lot, But I'm back :)

Matow

So, I kindof slacked off a bit earlier this year, mostly because work hours were making me knackered at odd times. Recently though (Over the last 3ish weeks) I have been either gymming it, or doing something else active every day. Today is my first 'Rest day' in.. i don't know how long, but I finished at the gym at 0230am last night and was up at 10am for a 12 hour shift, And am back in at 10am tomorrow (Shorter shift, so will gym after), So I figure I can do with a little muscular healing!

This all started as i had nothing better to do, and now I actually look forward to hitting the gym. I started to see better results after I Manned up and wandered over to the free-weights section of the gym, as the highest weights on the yoga mat areas were 10kg, and I felt I needed to step it up a notch. This step was incredibly intimidating for a 76 kilo, relative weakling like myself walking into an area dominated by people curling 30 kilos for fun. Turns out once your form is ok, you get no funny looks, they prefer to look at themselves in the mirrors!

Last weekend I saw some friends that I hadn't seen for a month previous, and they were commenting on my 'guns'. I did not realise they were getting bigger. All I've done alongside the working out is cut out big carbs, like breads and pasta. I get the carbs I need from potatoes, but mostly eat chicken and veg. I don't really have a goal, other than to look awesome, but I haven't felt this good in a really long time. In fact, If i am heading to the gym late, i may meet the guys in the bar beforehand, and have a soda water while they drink beer. I get called names etc (As lads do), but laugh it off. Now one of the lads has signed up to the gym, and is trying to match my 'Commitment'. I was trying to avoid people doing that, as he can lift a lot heavier than me, and I was hoping to get a bit more of a headstart. Such is life.. Last time he went to the gym twicw a week for 2 weeks before giving up, so I wonder will his arrogance in not wanting to be outdone by me keep him coming... Gotta wait and see :)

I have a tiny amount of fat left around my pecs and belly which I need to shed so that my washboard can show through. Seriously, its not much, and its really bugging me!

This is partly a 'woot' post, as I feel awesome and look WAY healthier than I did around Xmas last year, and partly asking for advice about that last bit of annoying fat! Should I just keep chugging away, or is there anything more i can try to speed up the eviction of the belly, to make way for my soon-to-be-Thor Abs..?

(I also got a recent, unhealthy obsession with Thor/Chris Hemsworth. I am a straight male, and harbour none of 'Those' feelings towards him, but that body - I want to be a Norse God!)

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon

What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place?

What if to get to heaven you have to brave hell?

What if everything you ever wanted, cost all you ever achieved?

Would you go there?

Welcome back!

Turns out once your form is ok, you get no funny looks, they prefer to look at themselves in the mirrors!

DEFINITELY going to keep this in mind, as the only girl in the free weights section (at least today :P)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

(I also got a recent, unhealthy obsession with Thor/Chris Hemsworth. I am a straight male, and harbour none of 'Those' feelings towards him, but that body - I want to be a Norse God!)

Haha it's ok. Though some people might be too embarrassed to admit it, I'm not. I would kill to have a body that looks like his.

Try speaking like Thor! I was at Larping a couple of weeks back, and as an immortal messenger of the gods - There are so many around, people tend to not really care about them - I wandered into a camp where there was a lot of activity and weapons out. I asked.. What happened? and people just shrugged and ignored me.

I wandered into another camp, with more purpose and direction 'I DEMAND TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED HERE!' Instantly the captain of the guard told me the story, and that a small mach unit were on route. So I headed after them and when catching up 'WHERE ARE THE IMMORTALS?' - 'Ahead sir!' I have never been called Sir before.. ever. Make you feel awesome. So.. Yes. Thor. Do it.

coonskee - Its true. I even caught myself doing it when working my Triceps as it is the first actual definition I've seen!

Would you go there?

Course Imma stick with it :) I put off logging back in her for a couple of weeks, so that I didn't just have the initial rush, then slack off.. I genuinely have been working out every day. The guy who joined the gym solely so that he could accompany me, has missed our last 2 sessions. He said he has hurt his tricep, but decides not to listen when i point out to him that he has other muscle groups in his body!

Today's sesh felt really really good, although i think i may have to give my abs another day or two - Me and a mate destroyed them while chucking a medicine ball around :P

Would you go there?

Haha it's ok. Though some people might be too embarrassed to admit it, I'm not. I would kill to have a body that looks like his.

This just reminded me of a video posted in the women's guild about having girl crushes on other girls.

Anyway getting back to the point of the thread, welcome back/nice to meet you

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Archived