Forums are back in action! ×

Pull-up Bar Routines

Sam

Hey guys,

Over the weekend I built a pull up bar.

Now I know how to do Pull-ups, chin ups etc. What I need to workout is how to build these into a bar routine.

Anybody have any Workout routines for bars?

'Along this path of life we're bound upon, the right road is wholly lost and gone.''

Dante's Inferno

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bothan Assassin

English Literature with Film Student

Guild Wallpapers

No full routines, but check out a lot of Al Kavadlo's stuff. he has a lot of bar exercises that are boss.

He's also got a book out called "Raising the Bar" that lists a bunch of bar exercises (variants of pull-ups, dips, and levers).

You could also make a set of rings to hang off the bar for some more exercises you can do.

I tried a lot of the programs to progress and got up to 4 or so. Then I stopped and gained weight and was back down to about 2. This time around I'm having great strength gains doing cable machine lat pull downs on a 5x5 routine. I started just under 170 and am moving up to 200 4-5 weeks later. I'm planning on doing the lat pulldowns until I get to my body weight (250ish, which coincidentally is the lat pull down full rack) then switching over to pull ups once I have the strength. One big benefit I have noticed is I have been able to concentrate on full range of motion and make sure I am getting bar to chest, where when I was building up through pull ups I was never quite getting there.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived