Forums are back in action! ×

Awesome August

Heather D.

Ok. I need to get posting on here more often (1 post is not nearly enough!) so here goes. :D

I have created a challenge for myself this month, being the first of August. And I have dubbed it "Awesome August". These are the rules of Awesome August:

1) Eat awesome. I will be putting myself on a very strict diet for the entire month. A few cheats are allowed, but the number will be fairly low. Eating awesome will make my body awesome.

2) Train awesome. I'll be smart about my training. I will mix heavy lifting in with metcons, and listen to my body and figure out a good movement or two for the day. I will work on getting stronger and faster and push myself to my thresholds more often.

3) Do awesome things. This could be at home, or at work, or anywhere else, so long as the thing I do is awesome. Make a good meal? AWESOME. Check out that new movie that came out? AWESOME. Help friends with things? DOUBLE AWESOME.

4) Feel awesome. The result of items 1-3, and the overall goal of Awesome August.

Awesomeness for Day 1:

- Ate awesomely.

- Passed my Level 1 CrossFit Trainer's test

- Lifted heavy things

Let's start being AWESOME. :cool-new:

1) Is that CFN? (red brick and i think played on those rings)

2) I heart you for being able to do a muscle up.

3) Can you transfer those muscle up powers to me? Kthx

4) Good luck with the awesome challenge!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Yes, that is CFN! I've been training there since Feb '11. :)

Also: *waves magic muscle up wand*

I knew those rings looked familar. :D CFN is a cool place, although I have only been once.

And yay!

*,...goes to try a muscle up....annnnnd falls on his face....* I wish magic were real sometimes....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I like this post! I'm going to join you in Awesome August. It's my birthday month and I'm feeling pretty awesome already so here are my awesome goals.

1. Run 2 more 5K races (just started doing these and I've decided to do 12 before the end of the year so I need to make progress in this.)

2. Do something each day that increases my awesomeness (LOL). Have a Great workout, or eat really cleanly OR do both. I'm doing pretty well on both but on days that I feel like I've eaten more than I intended to, I still feel great if I get a workout in, so that is essential to feeling good.

3. Make sure I stay connected with my friends and family that are in my positive support posse.

4. Have as much fun as possible.

Yup, it will be awesome. Thanks!

This is awesome! I have had a vague idea about want to be awesome this month since I'm in a new area and trying to do new things, but haven't put it into real thoughts yet.

Today was awesome because:

I made an appt with a new boss, for a short-term job this month

Emailed 12 resumes - AND heard back from someone (fancy-shmancy spa, too, someplace I don't fit in)

Made an appt to go to my first Bikram yoga class tomorrow

Made a small grocery list ;)

August Awesome:

1) Lift awesomely. I'm usually an assassin, but I think Ill switch allegiances to Warriors. There's a heavy-lifting gym, so this girl is going to get her pumping-iron-loving, overweight heiny there, suck up her confidence, and check it out and hopefully will join for this month (so one of these days I could do a muscle-up!)

2) Pretend to be awesome. I've got one month here to find a job or I go home. Network. Ugh. Must overcome. This is phone calls. Ugh.

3) Lose awesomely. I've learned a lot about nutrition and have lost weight, and want to continue to lose.

Good luck all!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!! Awesome August, that sounds... well... awesome :D I especially like the idea of number 3, I'm fed up with just sitting at home doing nothing. Awesome things need to be done, stay pumped bofhgirl!

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

A couple awesome things for today:

- I picked up some sockeye salmon for dinner, and ate half of it. (About .4lb.) It was amazing.

- I stopped today to check up on a guy on a bike I saw wipe out on my way home today - skidded on some sand. Thankfully he was ok. I would have felt bad if he landed on his head or something and no one stopped to call for help! The wiping out wasn't so awesome, but I felt awesome having done something.

- Got a massage to work out some of the knots in my body. My left leg and my shoulders were all sorts of gnarly (that wasn't so awesome).

A couple awesome things for today:

- I picked up some sockeye salmon for dinner, and ate half of it. (About .4lb.) It was amazing.

- I stopped today to check up on a guy on a bike I saw wipe out on my way home today - skidded on some sand. Thankfully he was ok. I would have felt bad if he landed on his head or something and no one stopped to call for help! The wiping out wasn't so awesome, but I felt awesome having done something.

- Got a massage to work out some of the knots in my body. My left leg and my shoulders were all sorts of gnarly (that wasn't so awesome).

I"m a massage therapist, so I applaud your session! I really think of massage as preventative medicine, and hopefully this will help you reach higher and more awesome hights.

Pretend to be awesome: I had a really awesome day, too. I had an interview and got the job offer. I got a phone call for another possible interview.

Lift awesomely: I sucked up my courage and went into the power lifting gym and asked to be shown the gym. Small, kinda run down, all big guys - and here's me, the overweight girl in a sun dress. I loved it. Totally going to sign up for the month!

I also went to my first formal Bikram yoga. That heat's intense and I've never sweated so much in my life. Felt great! I'd love to try it again in the morning sometime, start out the day like that, see what happens.

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Looks awesome, good luck with the challenge, dont fancy joining in with the rangers on our newly starting 6 week challenge? Also thanks for the muscleup pointers, looking forward to trying these on my next ring session :)

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

STR-12 DEX- 8 STA- 16 CON- 9 WIS- 14 CHA- 7'We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass'Find me on Twitter

Swim Coach at City of Southampton Swimming Club, CF coach at CrossFit Solent

I'm fed up with just sitting at home doing nothing.

There's so much to do in CPT, D!! Walking, hiking, swimming, just getting out :) I'm sure you'd be able to do it.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

FINALLY, I knew I was bound to spot another Capetonian eventually! :D I hear what you're saying AngelBlaidd, there really is so much to do. I'm thinking of joining the Cape Union Mart hiking club (even thought they call themselves cumhike), because my friends are too lazy to join me.

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

FINALLY, I knew I was bound to spot another Capetonian eventually! :D I hear what you're saying AngelBlaidd, there really is so much to do. I'm thinking of joining the Cape Union Mart hiking club (even thought they call themselves cumhike), because my friends are too lazy to join me.

ROFL - no, it's not called that, really? Terrible!

Yeah you could hike! There's also the moonlight cycle on the first night of the full moon, if you're into cycling. It's fun apparently :) I do a lot of walking cos i sold my car after they built the 24 hr MacD's downstairs and parking on Kloof Street became even more of a nightmare (I live on Kloof Street and work on Strand street)! my fave walk is from the Waterfront along the Promenade to Sea Point, back and through Green Point Park. It's a long enough walk and beautiful!! And i can take my goddaughter with me - she likes playing in the park (and trying to dolphin spot). Let me know how the hiking goes.

PS. I was also wondering whether i'd find a capetonian or be destined to uniqueness ;)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Lol, I actually live in Durbanville and work in Bellville, but 1 week per month I work in our Long Street branch. Also, that Mc Donald's is just too tempting when the night in Long turns into the morning in Long.

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Week Challenge

Love the idea of Awesome August. I may just have to join in.

1) Eat Awesome. Yesterday was entirely Paleo

2) Train Awesome. I pushed myself harder in the last week than ever before -- two two-a-days, hiked Mt. Monadnock, and my "rest" day was spent running around an amusement park at full speed so we could ride as many rides as possible.

3) Do Awesome Things. Working on packing for upcoming AWESOME vacation.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Archived