Forums are back in action! ×

Need to re-spec

Needed some inspiration and I have found tons of it on this site. I'm 27 and for the last 10 years I have been up and down with my weight, never really achieving my goals. I was able to lose 20lbs earlier this year but I put it right back on.

My body seems to always find its level at 200lbs. My goal is to get down to about 170 and gain some muscle mass. i know I can do it if I just stick to a good diet but of course that's the hard part.

"You do that thing" - Spencer

Welcome! It sounds like you have an idea of where you want to head - that's a great start. Spend some more time thinking about it, and you'll come up with measurable, achievable goals no doubt! Are you going to join us for the next challenge?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Are you going to join us for the next challenge?

DOOOO EEEEEEET! Honestly, it was an immense help for me after floundering around for literally years of dieting and exercise. I'd lose weight, then slowly but surely lapse back into bad habits...and thus would gain the weight right back :(

Plus, it's fun :)

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

I am......I just need to come up with what to start with. Any advice.....I want to start with healthier eating and doing some body weight type exercises. I want to join a gym later but not right now. Ive already started the diet......eventually want to work my way to semi-paleo but my problem has always been biting off more then I can chew. So this time Im going to wade into the shallow end first.

"You do that thing" - Spencer

Well, you get 3 fitness/diet/health goals and 1 life goal. So, pick something you think is manageable. Start the Angry Birds workout, cut out pop, or candy, or cake, or beer...things like that. Feel free to poke around and look at other people's challenges to get some ideas. But - just make it manageable and reasonable :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Needed some inspiration and I have found tons of it on this site. I'm 27 and for the last 10 years I have been up and down with my weight, never really achieving my goals. I was able to lose 20lbs earlier this year but I put it right back on.

My body seems to always find its level at 200lbs. My goal is to get down to about 170 and gain some muscle mass. i know I can do it if I just stick to a good diet but of course that's the hard part.

Wow, sounds like you and me are cut from the same mold. I seem to always end up right back at 200 as well. Hope to see you on the next challenge!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 1 Human Ranger

STR 7|DEX 1|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 6|CHA 3

"Principle untrained may sometimes give way to a temptation which habit would withstand." ~ Charles Carroll Everett

I know...I still have not successfully cut out the beer myself...haha.

You know the hardest part of my last challenge? Having my brothers groomsman gift arrive. It just happened to be a beer of the month club. So i had 12 shiny bottles of tasty beer sitting in my fridge (because it would have been a waste to toss them out :P) taunting me. So glad last challenge is over :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Oh man you will come to learn that I love me some beer!!

It's been a lot better lately, but that's mostly because I have school M-Th and don't get home until 10, when it's time to go to bed :P It will be interesting to see what this fall brings...

What kind of whiskey do you enjoy?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Archived