Forums are back in action! ×

It's my Birthday, and no that's not why I'm starting my journey.

So yes today is my birthday, but it's not like it caused me to reflect and realize I need to lose weight if I want a high quality of life. I've always known that, and after having a previous amount of success losing weight, and gaining it back(I know why, junk carbs and fast food, lots of fast food), I've decided to do it again, and lose it permanently.

So at my max I weighted 255, but I normally lived around 240-245. I've been over 200 since at least freshman year of high school, maybe longer. On my last weight loss run I made it down to 205 before getting lazy, and moving back up to 242. As of this morning I'm 235 lbs, and 33.5% body fat. I know that seems morbidly obese, but honestly I feel really good health wise. I know I can improve drastically, but I'm more active than sedentary, and feel like I'm in really good health. This of course gives me really high hopes for what I can do once I drop 60 of the 80 lbs of fat.

My goal weight is around 175-185 and somewhere between 12-15% body fat. I'd like to be able to see my abs, at least in the morning anyways.

I've found success with a modified paleo diet, essentially it's the same but I cut out all starches, so no potatoes even. I also do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu 3-5 times a week for a couple hours each time. I try to lift 2-3 times a week but that hasn't happened like I've wanted.

My current plan is to restart the modified paleo, basically any meat I want, tons of vegetables, and moderated fruit. Also I prefer to do it low sodium in order to lose the excess water weight. As far as exercise goes I'll continue with the bjj, and hopefully start with a body weight regimen as found here on nerd fitness. I'm also going to use swimming for low impact cardio.

As always I'm open to suggestions, ideas, and tips and tricks. I'm especially interested in any recipes you may have for paleo type eating.

If you have any questions just ask, and I'll be glad to provide the answer. I'll also reply with a few before pictures when I have a chance to take some.

-Frank

Hylian Adventurer

STR – 3

DEX – 2

STA – 1

CON – 2

WIS – 4

CHA – 3

My 1st and Current Challenge: Right Here Folks!

Hi! Yay, fellow Zelda fan, yes? :) Oh and Happy Birthday! Welcome! I'm a newbie too. May I ask why the weightlifting hasn't happened? If it's time, this might help: I find that I have to do it early in the morning, first thing or it won't happen. I get distracted by other things and don't prioritize it. It seems like you're doing really well, though.

The weightlifting hasn't happened because I love sleep too much, and then get busy during the rest of the day. I try to go late at night, but sometimes the gym is busy and the equipment I want is taken because it's a small gym. I know these are all excuses, hence why I'm just going to work with a body weight only work out. God knows I have enough extra body weight to make it worth while.

Hylian Adventurer

STR – 3

DEX – 2

STA – 1

CON – 2

WIS – 4

CHA – 3

Ok, so I said I would get some before pictures up, and I'm finally doing it. I'm warning you though, before you scroll any further, I'm kind of chubby.... Fortunately for all of you I decided not to do any in my underwear yet.... So without further ado, here they are:

This is me at 233.7 lbs and 33.1% BF. My starting weight is actually aroudn 237 but I didn't take pictures then.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5137[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5138[/ATTACH]

post-8850-13567244740594_thumb.jpg

post-8850-13567244742032_thumb.jpg

Hylian Adventurer

STR – 3

DEX – 2

STA – 1

CON – 2

WIS – 4

CHA – 3

Guest Snake McClain

To tell you the truth any program that can build strength will help you at this point. Barbell, dumbell, kettlebells or body weight programs. the key is proper food intake and the proper type of exercises. You can work in a killer 20 minute body weight routine if you do it right. example: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

If you do anything and stick to it and progressively make it more challenging you WILL get results.

also happy belated birthday my new rebellious friend.

As to the kettle bells I'm looking into it, but for right now I'm going to focus on a circuit body weight routine, the beginner one found on this site believe it or not, and possibly get started with 5-3-1. Not sure on that one yet. Thanks for the encouragement, and yeah I know that diet is really the key here, and I have one that works I just have to stick to it. Stay awesome guys!

Hylian Adventurer

STR – 3

DEX – 2

STA – 1

CON – 2

WIS – 4

CHA – 3

Archived