Forums are back in action! ×

Crows, Be Afraid

So I am completely new to the forums, but not the community so to speak as I spend some time in the irc channel, and a lot of time in the Google+ Hangouts with that wide array of people persons.

My story is one of not quite yo-yo dieting but rather yo-yo discipline. I am the guy who can explain insulin sensitivity and the importance of regular movement while drinking a liter of Mountain Dew, sitting in an office chair, wearing sneakers. I know the formula for health and productivity already. This is now a matter of seeking structure to reinforce and nourish what discipline is there so it can grow.

My battle plan is to once I wake up in the following morning, to figure out this whole race / class system and to set up my initial challenge. I would like to hit the ground running, or at least jogging.

A little bit about me which I hope will reveal things I can bring - I am a video game QA professional, I spend most of my time analyzing video games from a structural and ludological perspective, testing their limits and documenting their failures, while training testers on how to do the same. I aspire to become an independent game developer and already consider myself a solid mechanics designer, but I lack the coding expertise to enable them. I am also a music enthusiast with an emphasis on extreme metal and ambiance. I find business as a outlook to be interesting as well. I suspect these three areas will provide a lot of my non-fitness goals for the challenges.

I imagine I will join the Adventurers just to get myself started, but almost all of the classes appeal to me... I hope to be active on the forums to motivate me in my progress. I guess I could post some basic stats, but maybe I should reserve that for my first challenge thread?

Level 0

Human Adventurer

STR 3 / DEX 2 / STA 1 / CON 3 / WIS 4 / CHA 2

Current Challenge

Welcome Scar3crow! Good timing in joining, a 6 week challenge will be great to start putting some of that knowledge to use and getting some habits built. I say start small with simple things you can do daily, like bringing a healthy lunch instead of ordering fast food on work days (just a random example, no idea if it addresses you at all). Also, hope to see you in chat more, always nice having more people there :)

Loren - Only a multi-month delay! Yeah I think I will probably head toward the Rangers in due time.

Photobrandon - Agh! My only weakness, capitalizing the s in my name! (I kid, I just like the symmetry of having the central character, 3, being the tallest). I've already gotten some ideas and will be working on my first challenge thread in the morning as an Adventurer!

Level 0

Human Adventurer

STR 3 / DEX 2 / STA 1 / CON 3 / WIS 4 / CHA 2

Current Challenge

Archived