Forums are back in action! ×

I'm ready to rebel!

Hello! My name is Alyssa. I am a 19 year old girl who is ready to change her life! I feel like I've been slightly depressed for the past few years. I've been on summer break for a while (almost over) and It wasn't until recently I realized despite the awesome visions I have for myself, I didn't even take one step to take action. I sat on my couch and played computer games. I love my computer games, but the food I eat combined with the lack of exercises, is not doing be any favors. I've gained 15 pounds this summer, I feel like I am dying on the inside. All the crap I am eating is just killing my body and my lack of exercises is making me lazier than I already am. I am so out of shape that I pulled a muscle TWICE in a 3 month period on each leg, just because I was skipping for no longer than 3 seconds... They healed in no more than 2 weeks, but because of the lack of exercise, I literally have no real flexibility in my legs.

I am glad that I found NF! I need it!! I think this whole idea is a great one! I love being a nerd, but I want to be a fit happy nerd. I am not completely sure yet what will make me happy, but I know what is not making happy! Being unhealthy and being scared of change or trying something new. I need to leave my unhappy life and start a happy life! It is time to rebel!!!

Lunaspirits

Pixie Adventurer

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 3 CHA: 2

Current Challenge

"Don't Limit Your Challenges, Challenge Your Limits" - My Keychain

Here's to having a happy life!

Hi Alyssa, I think you will find many people who have been through the same problem.

Video games and food are great, in moderation. I know how hard it is to moderate videogames though, I play heaps all the time :)

Have you thought about setting some goals and what sort of exercise you like?

The next step would be to start your own Workout Battle Log. I didn't think it would help much, but I was wrong. It helps me so much.

A good tip is to put your Log's link in your signature, that way we can support you better.

I like your location too, I never would have guessed :D

Welcome to the Rebellion!

What Ghost said about having a workout battle log is worth it, is so true, something I sort of wish I had started at the very beginning when I stated working out was some sort of log or record. I like to think (I would say look, but I can't) back to when I started, to see how far I have came, and knowing that, can put me in a pretty good mood.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Thank you both for the tip! The idea of starting a Battle Log would have never crossed my mind. Now I think I should actually try that! I've decided to do the 6 week challenge. I think starting a workout battle log sounds like something good to add on to it!

Lunaspirits

Pixie Adventurer

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 3 CHA: 2

Current Challenge

"Don't Limit Your Challenges, Challenge Your Limits" - My Keychain

Archived