Forums are back in action! ×

Rawr! I am Dino, Hear me rawr!

Hello! I am relatively new to the serious work out world, and definitely brand new to watching what I eat. I started declining in physical activities when I came to college (Fall 2010), shocker, I know.

I used to dance/choreograph about 6 days a week and I worked standing on my feet about 15-20 hrs a week at a coffee shop. I love to rock climb, canoe, and kayak. After teaching mountain biking at summer camp, I grew to really not like it (bruises in on top of bones where there should never be any bruises). I have some mild back issues (which I think are from D cup breasts), a knee that acts up occasionally (got osgood schlatter on top of tendonitis about a decade ago, but still has some issues), and was recently told I have an ulnar tunnel nerve issue (like carpal tunnel, but for a different part of my wrist), which will act up when I anger it (ie write a condensed amount of term papers). My back pain has always given me issues when doing pushups, so I usually avoided them like the plague. I would like to stop doing that. I found out about the Paleo diet through my academic advisor (a really awesome woman with an N.D.), and found out about NF through a google search for Paleo Diet.

I am 5'6", female, and weigh 194 lbs (though I have been told I look more like 160-170 lbs, whatever that accounts for in the muscle:fat ratio). Essentially, I would like to live healthier, be stronger, have more energy/endurance, and lose some weight, without judgement or discouragement, and I almost think this place is too good to be true, but we'll see :) . I am a double major in Bio/Forensic science, a junior in college, and plan on going to med school after getting my two B.S.s to eventually, one day, be a medical examiner. I live with my best friend (non paleo, but healthy work out schedule), and boyfriend (going paleo with me, and enjoys the gym as well, in fact, he taught me how to do proper squats), so I will hopefully have some encouragement.

Looking forward to being here and starting a new chapter in my life!

-DinoDaisy

Dino Daisy

Adventurer

Ad infinitum et ultra!

Currently working on the 6 week challenge!

Welcome to the rebellion! We are happy to have you. We are very true place indeed and I love it here too. I think most of us rebels would agree. A lot of us are Primal paleo people so I'm sure if you have any other questions (aside from your awesome N.D. doc) this is a great place to learn about it. looking forward to hearing more maybe seeing you in the Adventurers :) we just started a 6 week challenge so I encourage you to think of your 4 goals and join us :)

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

Archived