Forums are back in action! ×

This is a cellular level woot!

Merentha

This isn't a big fat loss or muscle gain woot, but for me it's a woot all the same. =D

I have an autoimmune disease called amyopathic dermatomyositis (ADM); the effect is a sunburn-like rash on my face. Every day I look like I've been out on a boat, basically. I see a dermatologist instead of a rheumatologist because there's no muscle involvement, but since it can be a fairly serious illness for some people, I'm monitored really closely in terms of bloodwork. Not just the normal stuff like cholesterol and whatnot, but some serious stuff that measures my immune response, kidney and liver function, blah blah blah.

I went totally paleo/primal and low carb about seven months ago, cut out grains completely, and I've been reeeeeeaaaally compliant. Today I got back my first blood test results since before I started the primal way of life and just. WOW.

ALL my inflammation markers are down, across the board. Every single test is in the normal range. EVERY TEST!!! And there are like TWENTY of them.

I was confused at first because there's always a little # next to any test where the measurement falls outside the reference range. And a lot of tests were flagged like that, but when I went in to see why, it was because many of them had dropped so SHARPLY to get into the normal range. For instance, my white blood count has hovered one to five points above reference range for my entire adult life; on this test it is cut in HALF.

I'm just really, really excited. I mean, eating this way has made me feel tons better, and I already had proof via my lipid profile that my body is a ship that was sinking, but is slowly righting itself. But this is my first concrete proof that it's helping me get better in all the ways that have made me ill for such a long time. On a cellular level! What's more, it's the first concrete proof my dermatologist will get, too. (Well, besides the way he raved about how good I look after the first 80 pounds dropped off... =D )

So. YAY ME!

[table=width: 500, align: center]

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Merry, Halfling Adventurer

"I don't have to outrun the zombies. I just have to outrun you."

|| STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2 ||

Current Challenge: Runner Five

[/table]

Thanks guys! I can't wait to go over the results with this guy. He was very skeptical about gluten having any effect. TAKE THAT! :)

[table=width: 500, align: center]

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Merry, Halfling Adventurer

"I don't have to outrun the zombies. I just have to outrun you."

|| STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2 ||

Current Challenge: Runner Five

[/table]

Archived