Forums are back in action! ×

Day 3 in need of Snickers

amudd

So I am on day 3 of my lifestyle change and of all the things that I thought I would miss the most this one was not on there! turns out thus far I have not cared aout the chilli dogs, pizzas and chocolate cakes. The only thing I would love more than anything in the world at this exact moment is an afternoon snicker bar. I can almost taste and I am not quite sure what to eat to passify this craving. I hav tried some cashew butter with cocao nibs but it's still there. Does anybody else know?

Thank you!

A nice trick i learned when having cravings is telling yourself: "NOT today.. tomorrow". And by the time its tomorrow there is a chance that craving lessened or is gone.

However i think sometimes cravings is the body saying it needs something. In the case of a snickers maybe you have been a bit (too sudden) too low on carbs? Just an idea..

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

I'm with Jcannon here.

Try to find a way to split the bar or break it into smaller bits and get rid of the rest... but let yourself take the 1-2 bites and cherish them like they're the never-to-be 2nd season of Firefly.

In my experience, the thing I was craving most wasn't the food itself, it was the psychological sense of 'freedom' I used to have when I ate X whenever I wanted. Once I actually stopped to *taste* it (by taking one bite and focusing on its flavor) I found the candy/craving/object of obsession wasn't actually as good as I remembered. Kinda helped to kill the craving.

Dwarf Adventurer

Level: 0 <--so sad!

STR:2 DEX:2 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:4

"You give into distraction as if it is a murderer. You lay there, waiting to be killed. Today: fight for your life." -Miranda July

Current Challenge:--Slaying the Beast of Maybe Tomorrow

My girlfriend has the problem of fixating on the stuff she can't have. This is step one. But I completely understand having cravings, I would say have a small one and hope it satisfies your craving for a long time.

I'm with Jcannon here.

Try to find a way to split the bar or break it into smaller bits and get rid of the rest... but let yourself take the 1-2 bites and cherish them like they're the never-to-be 2nd season of Firefly.

This is what a bag of mini bars is for, though you may need to keep the bag somewhere inaccessible most of the time so you only have one. :)

I would like to say thank you for all the support. I did make it through the work day without the snicker bar. I focused on my to do items and before I knew it it was time to go home. I did however end up with a worlds finest chocolate bar over the weekend. But I only have one chunk and made a deal with my self that I must exercise at least 2 days in a row to get another piece of it.

For some people (like me most of the time) having 'just a little bit' doesn't ever work. Because it makes me want more. One thing that works for me is that I visualise the thing I want in my minds eye, then I shrink it, turn the image black and white and draw a frame around it, telling myself 'just not possible right now'. Because if I know something is impossible, I don't crave it... and for some reason those mind tricks make the thing seem literally unavailable. If I can get myself to that point, I can out-willpower just about anything and find a healthier option!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

This thread made me laugh, because I have the same exact craving right now as the only carbs I've had today were 8 cherries. I'm sitting at 20g on the day. the worst part is that I know my grandfather has a BJs sized box of them at home by the door (he runs a snack stand).

A sugar craving may also be a sign of not enough protein.

For some reason :ambivalence:

Did not work, tried to fix the craving by imagining my 1 lb of chicken thighs was a donut.

Edit: took this when I got home.

445150b2-d624-37b8.jpg

edit2: Increased magnesium can help with cravings. Found out today while reading this article. I think I'm going to try taking a supplement cause I really want a littel debbie oatmeal cream pie right now.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/saturated-fat/tips-tricks-for-starting-or-restarting-low-carb-pt-ii/

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Having the carb cravings like crazy right now, so far today's food intake is 1 lb of chicken breast and 2 servings of almonds, so about 480 calories in protein, 290 in fat, and only 48 in carbs. i really wanna go crab a little debbie cream pie or a snickers right now...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived