Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for duty

Hello everyone! I was inspired to join your group by a long time friend, known in these parts as MirGSS. I'm no stranger to fitness, but I'm in a bit of a slump at the moment. I saw that Mir was getting all kind of support (even off-boards) and making mad progress, so I figured I'd try it myself. This site and this group seems like it will be a lot of fun; I spent most of a day reading and digging around before I realized I just need to dive in!

I began life like many of us: a video-gamin', collectible card game lovin' band geek. I was a gamer, hands down. CCG's, Warhammer (mostly 40k, hands-down favorite sci-fi universe) consoles, computers, RPGs...and a couple more I'm sure I'm forgetting. Don't get to do much of that anymore, but like the old saying goes: you can take the geek out of the game, but you'll never take the game out of the geek. I think that's how it goes. Anyway...Music was a distant second (unless you count each game individually, then it was a distant 32nd) and I just happened to be alright at it; then I realized I wasn't any good at anything else I could major in after high school.

I'm a military musician now, have been for eight years, and I'm looking for some fresh fitness motivation. I had been obese through college, enlisted and got in pretty good shape, got to my first post and got in rabid spec-ops ninja shape, then I got to my soul-sucking second post and lost all warrior motivation (I still loved you peeps there with me, if you're reading this!). Unfortunately my body loses fitness at the cyclic rate, and I was there for almost four years. Now I'm getting older and broke-er and need to get back on the butt-kickin, name takin' bandwagon before I miss it entirely. I can feel my old, hopelessly out of shape self clawing his way back to the surface; He needs to get back in his cell or he gets the hose again.

My alter ego is the quiet, unassuming Kato-type. Always polite, always professional, always with a plan to kill everyone he meets. His workouts are exercises in intense mental focus as much as physical strength and endurance. He eats and trains like a neanderthal, but calm and relaxation are the at the core of everything he does. His superpower is the Jedi-like ability to get along with and/or persuade anyone he meets.

Class: Human Spirit Soldier (Ranger/Druid, think Paladin+modern military)

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 230 (20% BF by the tape)

Workout Focus: Bodyweight/weighted calisthenics, sprints and mid-distance running, military hand to hand combat

Starting Stats:

STR 3

STA 2

CON 2

DEX 1

WIS 5

CHA 2

HUMAN SPIRIT SOLDIER

Ranger/Druid

STR 4 STA 2 DEX 3 CON 3 WIS 3 CHA 2

"We must all suffer one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret." -Jim Rohn

"The first virtue of a soldier is endurance of fatigue.  Courage is only the second virtue"  -Napoleon Bonaparte

"Grant yourself a moments peace, and you will realize how foolishly you scurry about. Be silent, and see that you talk too much. Be kind, and see that you judge too harshly. Hasten slowly, and you will soon arrive." - Chinese Proverb

Archived