Forums are back in action! ×

Got Myself a Job!

Seiferre

x3

Went in for an interview today and landed a job at (get this) Sports Authority.

PFF.

Now I'll finally be able to afford all those fitness-related things that seemed so far away. I might even invest in the rebel fitness guide! I won't be able to install a pullup bar anywhere though... Condo frowns on that >>;;.

Just felt the need to share my happiness xD

Phantom Adventurer/Monk-in-Training

STR: 2 || DEX: 2 || STA: 1 || CON: 3 || WIS: 4 || CHA: 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no crying in alien warfare.

Wicked. Always such a great feeling to go from jobless to job-ed.

I second the suggestion of a non-install pull up bar if you're even at all interested in pull ups, hanging leg raises, tucks, what-have-you. I won't mention any brand names (As I'm sure there are dozens I don't know of) but there are many that temporarily latch onto the door frame as per your needs, leaving no lasting trace.

illcDimension hopping Ranger-Cartographer, level 2STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 5 CON: 6 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Training Log

Of Goats and Rucks Challenge (June -July 2013)

~Take care. Be bold.~

Well done. A job can be so beneficial to who you are and how you feel about yourself.

Hope you have many years of a good career ahead of you.

As for a pull up bar, would a free standing pullup stand with dip bars be too big for anywhere?

Thanks! I'm not sure o: How big are they? The doorways in this condo are pretty slim. Would I be able to assemble it myself?

Congratulations on the job! You should look into a door frame pull up bar. They can run fairly cheap $20.00 and as long as one of your doors has some trim around it you should be able to find one that doesn't require actual installation as far as screwing things into walls.

Some of the doorways do have trim around them, but the trim is right next to the wall (For example, the doors are designed to stay by the corners, instead of in the middle of the wall). I dunno if that would allow me any room for the handles. Eventually I'll take a picture of the doorways I can or can't use so that I can get it evaluated. I may take up Animalben's suggestion of a standing pullup if I can't pull this off, since along with the door frame, my mom has also wired a bunch of cords around the doors (For the wireless internet service). I wish it wasn't so confusing!

Wicked. Always such a great feeling to go from jobless to job-ed.

I second the suggestion of a non-install pull up bar if you're even at all interested in pull ups, hanging leg raises, tucks, what-have-you. I won't mention any brand names (As I'm sure there are dozens I don't know of) but there are many that temporarily latch onto the door frame as per your needs, leaving no lasting trace.

Thank you x3. I am indeed interested in these so I'll look into this and do some research; it would be great not to be so limited in my own home (Although, now that I have the job maybe I can go for a gym membership instead. Pff.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congrats on the job!! :D

My pullup bar is the type that can be installed permanently (i.e. with screws) or not. It's a tension rod basically, and you just twist it until it's super duper tight in the doorway (or you can use these little metal holder thingys that you screw into the wall, and THEN you tension-rod it into those). I'm not light as a feather, and so far I've had no problems with it slipping or coming loose. It's also nice because I can move it if I need to. I ordered it off Amazon.

Congrats on the job!! :D

My pullup bar is the type that can be installed permanently (i.e. with screws) or not. It's a tension rod basically, and you just twist it until it's super duper tight in the doorway (or you can use these little metal holder thingys that you screw into the wall, and THEN you tension-rod it into those). I'm not light as a feather, and so far I've had no problems with it slipping or coming loose. It's also nice because I can move it if I need to. I ordered it off Amazon.

Hey, that's pretty cool! Does it work even if your door has no trim? 'Cause there's a doorway right by the kitchen I've been eying ever since everyone posted their different kinds of pullup bars. :3 I would still like to be able to do my workouts in the bathroom but pff.... I don't think I'll be able to do pullups in there, bahah (That's one of the doors that has no room on the side walls.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's really great news! The gear really does help although not entirely necessary.

Thanks!

Hey, a fellow Chicagoan! xD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My brother lives out there right by Fox Valley, but I'm in Oak Park hanging 'round the outskirts, hahah. I won't be here for much longer but I don't know where to move. Taxes are kind of screwing everything fer me ATM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived