Forums are back in action! ×

This is bad...

KellyElizabeth

F*ck grandma.

Listen to Wicked Pixie, she is wise and badass!

I say put on the 10 lbs, but make it muscle. Now that'll really screw with her view of women.

And also this, because this will make her annoyed AND make you feel strong, and powerful.... which you already are, but that would help you to KNOW it.

You know what I think? Your grandmother's being passive-aggressive, and you are being reactive and playing right into her hands. Attempting to spite someone else is childish; abusing yourself to spite an abuser is downright stupid (not to mention dangerous). You don't stop the cycle by letting the abuser control you. That just perpetuates the problem. You stop it by changing your own behavior, since that is the only thing you can control.

Start by taking a reality check. Since when are you afraid of what a tiny old woman thinks? You could probably push her over with one hand (please don't actually try this). Little old bitchy ladies are Not Scary. They are Not A Big Deal. They have nothing but words. They're only as powerful as you allow them to be.

Forget what your cousin looks like. We all have different figures. Your cousin has a right shape, and it is not the same as your right shape. Don't try so hard to be somebody else. I have a different shape from the other women in my family -- c'est la vie. We got along better once I stopped trying to wear their clothes. I suggest you pick a role model of your own, rather than letting your grandmother choose one.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

You know what I think? Your grandmother's being passive-aggressive, and you are being reactive and playing right into her hands. Attempting to spite someone else is childish; abusing yourself to spite an abuser is downright stupid (not to mention dangerous). You don't stop the cycle by letting the abuser control you. That just perpetuates the problem. You stop it by changing your own behavior, since that is the only thing you can control.

Start by taking a reality check. Since when are you afraid of what a tiny old woman thinks? You could probably push her over with one hand (please don't actually try this). Little old bitchy ladies are Not Scary. They are Not A Big Deal. They have nothing but words. They're only as powerful as you allow them to be.

Forget what your cousin looks like. We all have different figures. Your cousin has a right shape, and it is not the same as your right shape. Don't try so hard to be somebody else. I have a different shape from the other women in my family -- c'est la vie. We got along better once I stopped trying to wear their clothes. I suggest you pick a role model of your own, rather than letting your grandmother choose one.

Everyone's got that "cousin" (sister, aunt, friend, nemesis, whathaveyou). Mine's my little sister (lucky bitch got the thin French genes, I got the Norwegian troll ones). This advice is spot-on. Once I stopped looking to women with my sister's figure for body envy and started looking at women with a strong square build like my own, my determination and confidence skyrocketed. Raincloak is correct: your right shape is your's, and your's alone. There are thousands of other women out there with bodies structures similiar to yours, but none of them will be as right of a shape for you as your own. We aren't formed in cookie cutters: we're all handmade, as it were. ^_^

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Your cousin has a right shape, and it is not the same as your right shape.

I love this. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

I don't know you, but this is a tough love post. You may not like me for it. That's okay! I'm going to say it anyway, because I can.

The only person who can bring you success is you. The only person who can make you a good person, worthwhile to be around, happy, strong, fit, is you.

And, likewise, you are the only one who can demotivate yourself. If you feel like you don't want to get fit anymore, it's your fault, not the world's. It's not your grandma's fault you're losing steam. Yeah, she's kind of being a bitch. Yeah, she's "doing it out of love" (My mom did the exact same thing to me all through high school. I got into an Ivy League university, with an 8% admission rate for my college the year I entered, and the first time she told me she was proud of me in my life was 2 years later. She always told me I was too heavy, always does the EXACT opposite of what I need at the moment. Yes, she does it out of love. Yes, she's misguided. Yes, I love her more than the world anyway, even though her comments drove me to the point of suicidal impulses when I was in high school.).

There are toxic people everywhere in the world. There are people who will want to demotivate you out of sheer envy or maliciousness. There are people who feel better about themselves by making you feel like shit. There are people who genuinely WANT to help, they just do it in the worst way possible. You will be around at least one person like this your entire life, sometimes all three at once. Learn to deal with it, learn to be strong enough. You have it in you.

People suck dick. You do not. You are awesome, because you are here, and because you are a rebel.

So...Stop looking for excuses.

I've seen you on the boards before, and I've seen your sig, and it's AWESOME. And it's inspired me. So why don't you want to keep going anymore? Because it's been 8 weeks and your famliy hasn't seen it yet?

KEEP GOING.

*gets off soap box*

nailed it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Archived