Forums are back in action! ×

Geocaching

SusieBlu

I love geocaching! I only started this summer, but we've had a lot of fun with it, we're up to 18 found so far. There are a lot of caches in our city, and it is a great way to find new areas you didn't know where there. Also fun to do while on vacation. :)

My advice would be to always make sure you check the comments on a cache before you go looking for it. Was it found recently? Was it hard to find? Were there obstacles? The description isn't always enough to go on! And don't be afraid to look at the photos... especially when you're starting, it helps to see a picture of the thing you're looking for (people often post pictures of the object but not the location they found it).

Always bring a pen! :)

You've got good timing, this Saturday is International Geocaching Day!

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

I've been geocaching for years... I have 70 Something under my belt. Definitely look how recently it was found. bring the clue even if its decrypted so you can use it if you need to. "Going by the crow" distance to two points can not necessarily be the easiest way to find a cache, and can make the journey harder. Sometimes looking at a altimeter map seeing how steep a hill is can help. but that also go along with going by the crow. Bring water, and sometimes you get lost, It just happens. Make sure you let someone know what caches you are going on so they know where to send a search party xD oh

most importantly. HAVE FUN and tell us how it was!

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

I love caching. We haven't gone all month due to being too busy, and I'm having caching withdrawals. Our joke is that we get lost on purpose, to make a longer healthier walk. Because we do spend a good amount of time wandering around. Best is when you climb a long steep hill, only to figure out you are going the wrong way, and have to turn around and go up a differant hill. Fall is my favorite time. It is less overgrown and our fall weather is mild. Always take water and snacks. Because sometimes you get lost and not having water sucks. Oh, if your gps doesn't have a compass, bring a compass. Check out the difficulty and terrain before you go, so you know what you are getting into. And the comments. For instance, if we see one that says there are tons of blackberries to climb through in the summer, we'll skip that one and wait for a time of year that there are less sharp pointy things to climg through

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Archived