Forums are back in action! ×

PzombieX would be nice

Hi I'm Kasie. I know it doesn't sound cool or anything but ..oh well. I like crawfishing and Taekwondo. I ran track in high school but I don't really run anymore. The school year is starting again and I thought this site/community encourage me to exercise through out the year. How exactly does this work? What do we do here?

From what I gather, the community helps you bolster your confidence and answers your questions about fitness/diet while simultaneously nerding the f--- out at any given opportunity

(AKA, my kind of town.)

They also have these six week challenges that are pretty awesome for getting you involved and helping you set/keep to your goals, which you can add an RPG element to if you want. I didn't participate in it this time but I will eventually.

I'm a newbie though. xD

Phantom Adventurer/Monk-in-Training

STR: 2 || DEX: 2 || STA: 1 || CON: 3 || WIS: 4 || CHA: 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no crying in alien warfare.

Welcome! :) Happy to have you here. NF is pretty user-friendly; you can participate as much or as little as you want, and you're basically in charge of how you do that. Seiferre's right, there are 6wk group challenges every 7 weeks (6wks on, 1wk off). For those, you basically choose 3 fitness goals and 1 life goal for yourself, choose a "Guild" to be in, and that's it...then you go through the 6wks posting updates about how you're doing on your goals. People will post back and give you encouragement, advice, a kick in the pants, whatever you need. :) Each guild also has mini-challenges during the 6wks...little extra challenges the leaders set out for us. These are extra fun if you do the RPG element to the challenge (you know, create a character, decide your base stats, etc.) because you can earn an extra XP here and there to add to your stats.

For starters, I'd read this thread. And this one. And here's a post about how the challenges work. Then browse the forums, ask questions, and start leveling up your life! :) Really happy to have you here, look forward to seeing you around the forums.

(Note, the current 6wk challenge is already 2wks in, so I don't think you can officially sign up for that one. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that. BUT, you can still start your own challenge, and you can definitely participate in the next one! :))

Archived