Forums are back in action! ×

Wow!! The Forum of my dreams!!

Hello all! Brand new to the forum and man, this is perfect for me. As a kid I thought the scrawny, week nerd was a stereo type. Why not have brawn with a little brains. I wanted to break that image, so I began working out at home being poor, I only had body weight exercises and two milk jugs I used as weight. By high school I was doing 30 pull-ups and 80 straight push-ups and outrunning the jocks. Since then, I married my high school sweetheart and had a son.

Now, as I'm approaching middle age, I'm facing another stereotype; the middle age spread. I stared gaining weight and developed a slight case of acid reflux. Well stubborn, cheap me didn't want to depend on medication to make my life comfortable, so got EA Sports Active for the Playstation 3. Completing the first first program knocked me down from 215 lbs to 195 lbs eliminating the reflux. Not bad, but I caught the workout bug and I wanted more. That's when I brought P90X into my life. Upon completing the first 90 days I lost an additional 20 lbs. I was looking good and thought I was set, so I took a 4 month break. I almost gain back the 20 lbs I lost. Now I realize that exercise and diet isn't a temporary fix; it's a lifetime commitment. I've since completed 120+ days of P90X, down to 170 lbs and in the best shape of my life; improving each day.

Well, thank you all for reading. I'm truly excited about learning more about each of you.

Stay safe, healthy and sharp.

Blues

Welcome! Wonderful to have a Steely Dan fan around. 19 myself (That's a setup for a steely dan joke, hint hint.) and trying to break the skinny nerd stereotype. Although coming here there's quite a few people who make me think I'm not smart enough to be a nerd xD.

Yep, diet and exercise are a lifetime commitment. In terms of losing weight though, it's mostly diet. Good luck with your goals, whatever they may be!

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Welcome to the forums! Some around here might tell you that if you eat, you are on a diet, so your right on the whole lifestyle thing

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

welcome and love the avatar! (theres just not enough of deadpool around i say) seems like your on the right track =D

LVL-1 adventurer

aspiring to be a warrior/monk/assassin

Str: 3 | Dex: 3 | Sta: 2 | Con:2 | Wis:1 | Cha: 4

"Courage takes many forms. There is physical courage, there is moral courage. Then there is a still higher type of courage--the courage to brave pain, to live with it, to never let others know of it and to still find joy in life; to wake up in the morning with an enthusiasm for the day ahead.â€

Archived