Forums are back in action! ×

GoRuck Challenge - Anyone ever done one?

cline

You could bedazzle them

AND you could bedazzle your ruck...

Just sayin... adding in more chicks can most certainly fem up the events. ;-)

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

One in Ca in March and one in Philly in June? I'd love to fly to socal for the March 30th one :D

DO IT.

i mean, what could possibly go wrong?

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

DO IT.

i mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Bedazzled bricks?

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Being curled up in the fetal position crying!

Which actually kind of sounds like a good time. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do this o.O

well. if you're doing march 30th, 10pm, i'll be there. we can be crying in the fetal position together, with my friend heather! (and another rebel... i forget his Uname)

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Being curled up in the fetal position crying!

Which actually kind of sounds like a good time. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do this o.O

There's no crying in GoRuck! From what I understand - the team has your back. 100%. You should do it!!!

Nightlight - can we get a forum thread created for Go Ruck training, tips, etc? Seems most appropriate in the cross training or ranger type forum (i'm still figuring out the new structure).

I AM going the distance

There's no crying in GoRuck! From what I understand - the team has your back. 100%. You should do it!!!

Nightlight - can we get a forum thread created for Go Ruck training, tips, etc? Seems most appropriate in the cross training or ranger type forum (i'm still figuring out the new structure).

yep. lemmie talk to staci and see where it goes. i think i know. but....

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

yep. lemmie talk to staci and see where it goes. i think i know. but....

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

June 1 in Philly you say? I "might" join you. I think I'm racing a tri the next weekend, we'll see how CMC-related sore I am this weekend.

I'm also eyeing Baltimore and/or DC at some point

Half-Elf, Half-Dwarf Ranger

Level: 4 STR: 10.5 DEX: 6 STA: 11 CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

Height: 5'9" Weight: 175lbs Age: 25

"Under Promise, Over Deliver"

June 1 in Philly you say? I "might" join you. I think I'm racing a tri the next weekend, we'll see how CMC-related sore I am this weekend.

I'm also eyeing Baltimore and/or DC at some point

I'm debating DC prior to my June event. I think DC would be so meaningful. I do worry about hypothermia though.... But I could totally do a DC ruck. I need a few months to get ready b/c I'm on an active macro cycle for muscle building right now.... LOL (seems funny to say that)

I AM going the distance

hey guys, created a "training for a go ruck" thread.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18713-Training-for-a-GoRuck

have at it. :)

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

*runs over*

I AM going the distance

well. if you're doing march 30th, 10pm, i'll be there. we can be crying in the fetal position together, with my friend heather! (and another rebel... i forget his Uname)

Scooter McGee Yeah,i'll be there at 10pm too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look out world, I'm smokin' TNT and I'm drinkin' dynamite, so if you know what's good for ya, get out of my way. - SK

Challenge 1: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?15703-Scooter-McGee-1st-Challenge

Just one question: WHY am I even considering this? Am I THAT susceptible to peer pressure? My mom used to ask: "if your friends jumped off the [brooklyn Bridge / Empire State Building], would you?" Maybe the answer really is yes. Because I'm looking at it and thinking - 'hey! I'd love to have done that.'

I pledged a (co-ed) fraternity in college, and while NOWHERE near to the same, the sense of camaraderie from going through something together can be amazing (unrelated note: I'm married to one of my pledge brothers).

But seriously - I can't even run more than a mile right now. And I hate being sleep deprived.

So I think I'll put these dreams/plans on hold and add a GoRuck to my "someday" list, not my "next year" list.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Just one question: WHY am I even considering this? Am I THAT susceptible to peer pressure? My mom used to ask: "if your friends jumped off the [brooklyn Bridge / Empire State Building], would you?" Maybe the answer really is yes. Because I'm looking at it and thinking - 'hey! I'd love to have done that.'

I pledged a (co-ed) fraternity in college, and while NOWHERE near to the same, the sense of camaraderie from going through something together can be amazing (unrelated note: I'm married to one of my pledge brothers).

But seriously - I can't even run more than a mile right now. And I hate being sleep deprived.

So I think I'll put these dreams/plans on hold and add a GoRuck to my "someday" list, not my "next year" list.

I would so jump of the bridge or the building, as long as I had a bungee chord or a parachute on me lol

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Hah! I hear you on that. Although I am strangely only susceptible to female NF pressure.

Me: "Oh nightlight's doing a GoRuck? Can't let her have ALL the fun, sign me up!", "Oh, spezzy's DLing how much now? That's unacceptable, add MOAR plates to the bar!", "Oh, Wicked Pixie is running the Warrior Dash? Well, I can't be left out of that!", etc etc etc.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Hah! I hear you on that. Although I am strangely only susceptible to female NF pressure.

Me: "Oh nightlight's doing a GoRuck? Can't let her have ALL the fun, sign me up!", "Oh, spezzy's DLing how much now? That's unacceptable, add MOAR plates to the bar!", "Oh, Wicked Pixie is running the Warrior Dash? Well, I can't be left out of that!", etc etc etc.

I'm doing a high rise stair run in the spring..... Join?

I AM going the distance

wheeeeeee!!!! It's in Philly tho

I AM going the distance

I would so jump of the bridge or the building, as long as I had a bungee chord or a parachute on me lol

I just went bungee jumping a few weeks ago. F*cking terrifying, but what a rush. That was the 1st time I used my ruck. Not sure how much it weighed as I don't have a scale, but it was a 10 mile hike round trip to the bridge we bungeed from. It was probably around 30 pounds. My shoulders were killing me afterward.

Edit: We took GoPro's and my buddy put together a video. I'll post it here once it's finished. Hopefully today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look out world, I'm smokin' TNT and I'm drinkin' dynamite, so if you know what's good for ya, get out of my way. - SK

Challenge 1: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?15703-Scooter-McGee-1st-Challenge

I just went bungee jumping a few weeks ago. F*cking terrifying, but what a rush. That was the 1st time I used my ruck. Not sure how much it weighed as I don't have a scale, but it was a 10 mile hike round trip to the bridge we bungeed from. It was probably around 30 pounds. My shoulders were killing me afterward.

Edit: We took GoPro's and my buddy put together a video. I'll post it here once it's finished. Hopefully today.

I've done the jumping out of a plane thing.. hell If it weren't 300 bucks I'd do it every weekend lol.. but I'm trying to find a company to do a bungee jump with.. harder then it sounds.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

I've zip lined and walked in the bush chased by elephants.... Talk about adrenaline

I AM going the distance

Sharks swam w me while snorkeling too

I AM going the distance

Archived