Forums are back in action! ×

The Time to Rebel is NOW!

My body is curvy. At times more curvy than others. The last time I decided it was time to shape up and get control I joined weight watchers, lost 30 lbs, trained to run a 5k and felt AWESOME! Then I moved to Chicago, started grad school, went through a bout of severe depressin and anxiety, went on medication and gained all the weight back plus about 50 additional pounds. While I have the anxiety under control, am living with the love of my life, completed grad school and find that most aspects of life as an early 30's woman in Chicago are hunky dory, I find myself in place where I weigh more than I have in my entire life. I have trouble with my joints and am just not happy with my physical self. I want be STRONG! I want to hike, bike, run and have a body that can keep up with my personality. I don't want to get diabeties and miss out on the amazing adventures that lay before me.

So here I am, ready to rebel! Weight watchers didn't work for the long run. I plan to take some of the things I learned from WW and use it in combination with what I am learning here. I am not ready for Paleo. I may never be completely ready for Paleo. However, I and the love my life who also wants to get STRONG will begin taking the steps toward transforming our diets and routines.

Starting RIGHT NOW we are commiting to:

1. cooking meals at home 5 nights per week.

2. including at least one green veggie at dinner and a fruit or veggie at lunch.

3. limiting our carb intake to healthy grains and reducing the frequency. (ocassional pasta or a sweet here an there)

4. walking our dogs to the beach three days a week.

5. strength training two days a week.

6. setting concrete small goals and rewarding ourselves for them.

HikingAng

Heya!!

It all seems like a great plan! I particularly like the small goals part! It makes it easier to work with. Keep the bigger goal in your head, but take steps towards that bigger goal everyday. It does work and as smaller goals are easier and faster to accomplish, the frustration levels are rarely high! Way to go!!

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

Sounds like you are well on your way of getting things all laid out and sounds like a great plan. I wish you both the best and I am sure you both can do it, keep with the plan and motivate each other and stay on that path and I think you both will be back on the right track. With dedication hard work and people to help motivate pretty much anything is possible.

You two can do it!!

Archived