Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone! I thought I would just drop in with a couple of introductory paragraphs.

I'm Nathan, from southern NSW in Australia. I live in a small town and work in a teeny tiny gym. I love sports, basketball, soccer, tennis, squash, golf, chess- you name it. If I'm not in the gym, playing some type of sport or trying to cook up something [somewhat] healthy for my [understandably] skeptical wife, I'll be parked on my trusty chair (lovingly named 'Chair') playing Halo or indulging in Pokemon on my slowly deteriorating Gameboy Color (it's green).

Besides that, I enjoy juggling, scrabble and the odd foray into herb-gardening.

It's a pleasure to be here and I'm excited to get to know this awesome community!

"No-one tells a T-Rex when to go to sleep".

- Jim Wendler

You know Shortstuff, my husband worries and laughs every time he sees your avatar, that Pikachu has stolen Ash's hat.

I actully never thought of that, just wanted a photo under my user name and thought I would put the hat on Pikachu and use that as my photo

I'm good thanks- Pokemon represent! Yeeew!! Haha =)

Go Pokemon

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Pokemon fans on a fitness forum! This place rocks!

As far as training goes, I guess I do a mix of stuff. Compound movement strength training (the big lifts), bodyweight stuff, sprints and plyometrics with the odd long run or bicycle ride. Add regular foam rolling and balance training most mornings to that too.

I play a lot of different sports so I try to train in a way that keeps me ready for anything. I also work in a small town gym that is generally pretty quiet so I have access to time/equipment/space for the most part of the week.

EDIT: Oh and inland NSW, at least 6hrs drive from the ocean =(

"No-one tells a T-Rex when to go to sleep".

- Jim Wendler

Archived