Forums are back in action! ×

Woot! broke 10k barefoot! - 7.2m

RandomWanderer

did a 7.2 barefoot run today in 1:44.57 and broke my goal! Had the music from Rudy going in my head the whole time lol. This was all 4 days after a big 6 mile mud run too, pushed it a little to see what I could do.

Goal Achieved : Running(lvl6) - Do a 6 mile run by September 1st (current max 7.2 miles(lvl 7) as of 8/22/12)

+5 for endurance baby!

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Haha I've built up to this point over 3 months, so no worries.. My feet show no sign of running barefoot these days. I started out barefoot walking.

The biggest thing that helped was reading " barefoot walking: step by step" when you run barefoot how you are supposed to, the miles melt and even after 7 miles you feel you could go more but there are little aches in your legs from the knees down, and you know not to push yourself too far..beware of the BRES-

Barefoot running exuberance syndrome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha

..beware of the BRES-

BRES, nooo!

That's how a friend of mine ended up with a nasty tailors bunion.

Congratulations! My feet are excited for you.

My next feat of feet is a barefoot hike on a local rocky trail and I am thinking of entering a local 5k and doing in un-shod. (I bet I'd be the only one...)

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

BRES, nooo!

That's how a friend of mine ended up with a nasty tailors bunion.

Congratulations! My feet are excited for you.

My next feat of feet is a barefoot hike on a local rocky trail and I am thinking of entering a local 5k and doing in un-shod. (I bet I'd be the only one...)

I need to do some hiking barefoot myself.. I've actually "got rid of " my boots in the wilderness like two years ago and when I go camping/hiking I do it in an awesome pair of columbia techlight sandals... totally barefoot is a feat(heh) I haven't tried yet. Any normal road races I do will ALWAYS be barefoot though, I'm looking for a 5k myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived