Forums are back in action! ×

Reccomend a game!

katpower

PoPs?

i always enjoy playing skating games, they're usually a bit more freeform 'just do your thing' style playing that i find very relaxing and fun. 'skate' and its sequels are probably the best options.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Dead Rising is a Good stand alone game, If you liked Halo, you can try, Call of Duty or Medal of Honor, which isn't so bad when you're playing online. If you're into action, Devil May Cry 4 is interesting or Lost Planet. That's all I got so far. newer games are coming out, check out Dishonored!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

There is a cheap downloadable game on 360 right now called Dust the Elaysian Tale (probably misspelled that) that is a side scroller hack and slash with some rpg ness in there that is AWESOME!! great story line too. Best part is its like 10 bucks.

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Skyrim is good purchase and if you like the fantasy thing it will literally give you 100+ hours of play. Another good one is Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning and Sleeping Dogs.

Kingdom of Amalur was written by RA Salvatore, Art Design was by Todd Macfarlane and is an interesting take on Irish Mythology.

Sleeping Dogs is the unofficial Sequel to True Crime LA and True Crime New York. You play an undercover cop infiltrating a Triad Organization. Heavy focus on third person martial arts action that makes you feel like Bruce Lee

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skyrim is good purchase and if you like the fantasy thing it will literally give you 100+ hours of play.
Skyrim, if you're into open-world RPGs.

Only if you're into a very, very specific style of RPG would i recommend skyrim. I finally got around to picking it up myself a few weeks back, and I've grown bored of it around 10hours in or so. It's very slow, character progression feels stunted, so many of the skills aren't explained or even hinted at. the combat becomes stale pretty quickly, as do load times as you'll be fast travelling around the map a lot. it is an impressive world they've built, but for the most part it's filled with pointless crap. oh and be prepared to reroll your character after about 3-4 hours when you realise you spent your first 10 levels on useless shite.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

I'm thinking Portal 2 sounds a winner...

I've watched my partner play Assassin's Creed, and while it's pretty and all, it doesn't really appeal. In large part because the jumping off high things freaks me out!

Might try Alice as well.

Thanks guys! (and keep suggestions coming)

Only if you're into a very, very specific style of RPG would i recommend skyrim. I finally got around to picking it up myself a few weeks back, and I've grown bored of it around 10hours in or so. It's very slow, character progression feels stunted, so many of the skills aren't explained or even hinted at. the combat becomes stale pretty quickly, as do load times as you'll be fast travelling around the map a lot. it is an impressive world they've built, but for the most part it's filled with pointless crap. oh and be prepared to reroll your character after about 3-4 hours when you realise you spent your first 10 levels on useless shite.

To be honest, I haven't played Skyrim. I've played Morrowind (which was okay) and Oblivion (which I loved), but I've seen people play Skyrim and it doesn't appeal to me either, but I still figured it'd be worth mentioning when talking about RPGs. Fallout 3 is incredible though!

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Dragons Dogma.

Fun game, but it might be worth noting that the save function is very limited (as in single-slot) - such a weird thing to see in an rpg in 2012.

Fallout 3 is incredible though!

And while we're talking Fallout, I'd recommend Fallout: New Vegas even more - open world but with proper character development as well. Great game now that all the bugs have been patched.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

I absolutely loved Dark Souls. Difficult game but a ton of fun. Has some online capability but definitely not needed.

Same here. I would definitely recommend Dark Souls. It's a high quality action RPG that not many people know about. I love that the game is very challenging and punishing. To level up, buy items, and upgrade weapons, you use souls by killing enemies and bosses, but you lose all your souls if you die and die again without recovering your souls from where you last died.

Minecraft is great game console players like myself might not have known about before it became an XBOX arcade game.

Archived