Forums are back in action! ×

Introduction - New Campaign

Greetings,

I took my time deciding on if I should put up a post or not.

I am 33 years old and currently weigh 353. I only recently stopped smoking after 18 years. Today is day 4 of not smoking.

I figured that if I could quit smoking "cold turkey", then I can keep up the pace and change anything that I want.

My current goals:

Weight: 225 lbs.

Profession: Ranger

Plan of Attack:

Paleo Diet

Body Weight Workouts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HUMAN ADVENTURER

STR:3, DEX: 2, STA: 1, CON: 3, WIS: 4, CHA: 2

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.

Welcome aboard, good job on quitting smoking. One bit of advice, have supportive people you can call if you get a craving, it will have less power over you if you can talk about it rather than wrestle with it in your own head. How tall are you?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome aboard, good job on quitting smoking. One bit of advice, have supportive people you can call if you get a craving, it will have less power over you if you can talk about it rather than wrestle with it in your own head. How tall are you?

Tanktimus, I am 6 ft tall.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HUMAN ADVENTURER

STR:3, DEX: 2, STA: 1, CON: 3, WIS: 4, CHA: 2

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.

Welcome! Very noble on the kicking of your vice. My mom did it cold turkey when I was a wee lad because we found out it was aggravating (or maybe even causing) my asthma as a child. I remember trying to do research to help her do it lol, and might I recommend there is a lot of anecdotal evidence behind taking an ice-bath or VERY cold shower when you get a craving. Don't know if it freezes the brain, distracts you, or if the lowering of body temp and constriction of blood vessels mimics what nicotine does and therefore tricks your body. I do know that it helped my mom and when I was doing my research at the library there were recommendations for that.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Have you started using the app already? It seems like fun but they don't have it for Blackberry -_-

Also, congrats on quitting smoking cold turkey. I've had friends that have tried it before so I know it takes a lot of determination!

[TABLE=width: 445]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half Elf Assassin

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4

Epic Quest | Half Challenge

If you don’t become the ocean, you’ll be seasick every day. - Leonard Cohen

[/TABLE]

Congrats on quitting! It's the hardest thing I've ever done.

Scratch that...losing weight is the hardest because I was actually successful at quitting cigarettes! Ah, the struggle. Welcome to the Rebellion!

Porkins

Human Adventurer, Star Pilot, and Bacon Aficionado-(Lvl 3)
STR 4.5 | DEX 1.5 | STA 6.5 | CON 9 | WIS 1.75 | CHA 5.75

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try" ~Yoda/ Veritas vos liberabit

1, 2, Current Challenge

Archived