Forums are back in action! ×

Are there many tabletop gamers around?

Harness

Alright, so it seems like we have some people interested, so let's take a vote - what kind of setting/genre of game would we want to play? I personally am partial to superhero, post-apocalyptic (zombies are a plus!), and of course classic high fantasy, but honestly I can enjoy most anything we can all agree on. I want to hear ideas, people!

Leprechaun Warrior
STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

For epic music that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE click here. Make sure you have a spare pair of underwear beforehand.

I've only ever played classic high fantasy and really enjoy it. This is one of those few moments where I am leaning toward not branching out and voting for ol' reliable. Though I'd go for post apocalyptic as well. Superheroes isn't really calling to me.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I just picked up the IK RPG book today and I'm hoping to find a group in my area. I also play D&D 4e and have played earlier editions of D&D, most of the Paladium spin-offs, and Big Eyes Small Mouth.

Zeuel the level 1 Human
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 2|STA 1|WIS 1|CHA 3

I could do high fantasy, modern fantasy, modern horror, or super heroes. Really though I am up for anything. Do any of the people who play FATE have The Dresden Files? I played in a game of that, and would love a second shot at it.

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/
I could do high fantasy, modern fantasy, modern horror, or super heroes. Really though I am up for anything. Do any of the people who play FATE have The Dresden Files? I played in a game of that, and would love a second shot at it.

I have it! I love it, too, though I've gotten less play-time than I'd like. I honestly would run this if I thought for a second I could dedicate the time necessary to running a game. But I could manage to post often enough to be a player, certainly.

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

Oh gosh, Dresden and Serenity votes....I want both. Give me anything. I can do superheros, high fantasy, zombies, modern fantasy, and scifi. Not much help but I am not picky.

Oh I own the Dresden File, Serenity, Spirit of the Century so I can do a file upload if needed.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

I ADORE Dresden. I could be nudged into running one if no one else is willing. I'm worried though about combat taking weeks to resolve. Does anyone have any ideas on streamlining it for forums?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Little Blue

Level 1

Hobbit Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

1st Challenge

"Never, never, never give up." --Winston Churchill

I don't have a Serenity PDF, but I'm actually pretty sure I have the rules memorized well enough that I don't need it. Well, okay, I don't have the gear tables memorized. But, uh, file upload works too, I guess.

PbP combat is long in ANY system, but systems where there's multiple back-and-forths for every exchange are pretty bad, yeah. The best streamline I've run across is "assume no interference and BE READY TO RETCON".

I don't have a Serenity PDF, but I'm actually pretty sure I have the rules memorized well enough that I don't need it. Well, okay, I don't have the gear tables memorized. But, uh, file upload works too, I guess.

PbP combat is long in ANY system, but systems where there's multiple back-and-forths for every exchange are pretty bad, yeah. The best streamline I've run across is "assume no interference and BE READY TO RETCON".

I have the Serenity RPG PDF, fyi.

Leprechaun Warrior

For epic music that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE click here. Make sure you have a spare pair of underwear beforehand.

Can we play a serenity game? I think that the system can work well for a pbp game. A lot of social interaction while we are flying through space. You get to cover the western genre, the scifi genre, and reavers almost lend to the horror/zombie genre (is zombie a genre?). Pretty awesome universe that can be used to tell a whole lot of stories. Also since a lot of us have the pdf we can file share.

It is a fate system so it work more towards storytelling than dice rolling.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Can we play a serenity game? I think that the system can work well for a pbp game. A lot of social interaction while we are flying through space. You get to cover the western genre, the scifi genre, and reavers almost lend to the horror/zombie genre (is zombie a genre?). Pretty awesome universe that can be used to tell a whole lot of stories. Also since a lot of us have the pdf we can file share.

It is a fate system so it work more towards storytelling than dice rolling.

As a huge Firefly/Serenity fan I second this. Given my nigh-obsessive knowledge of the source material I'd like to volunteer as GM.

Leprechaun Warrior

As a huge Firefly/Serenity fan I second this. Given my nigh-obsessive knowledge of the source material I'd like to volunteer as GM.

I'm in, could you send me the PDF so I can familiarize myself with them? I've only seen the movie, so I'm looking forward to being surprised by a new setting and system. PMing my email.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I would love to play in a Firefly/Serenity game, like Corey though, I would need to see the book if someone could send it to me.

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

If you need the book just PM me and I'll give you the link to it. I'll make sure to give it a good read since it's been a while since I've played it.

Leprechaun Warrior

Great fantastic, everyone is wanting a Serenity game and guess what my damn PC fries. Crap, just going to have to get a new one sooner rather than later. I'm definitely up for Serenity, when I get a new PC. Will need a file upload of the rules as I am not as familiar with them and don't have any on hand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friends and I are trying to get our DM to write his new campaign so we can start playing again (D&D 3.5/Pathfinder rules).

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Well, since it seems we have players I say you guys roll up some characters, PM them to me, and we can get the ball rolling on this. I have a rough outline of a campaign in mind already. I'm excited for this. I aim to misbehave.

Leprechaun Warrior

Well, since it seems we have players I say you guys roll up some characters, PM them to me, and we can get the ball rolling on this. I have a rough outline of a campaign in mind already. I'm excited for this. I aim to misbehave.

Uh, I'll roll up a Greenhorn level character, and you tell me if we should make them at a higher beginning level.

Normally, I advocate a crew coordinating their character creation, but that takes a lot of time, and I'm guessing you have a good reason to have it done by PMs. I just ask that you help us make sure each character has a niche and a unique place in the crew.

Uh, I'll roll up a Greenhorn level character, and you tell me if we should make them at a higher beginning level.

Normally, I advocate a crew coordinating their character creation, but that takes a lot of time, and I'm guessing you have a good reason to have it done by PMs. I just ask that you help us make sure each character has a niche and a unique place in the crew.

That's exactly it, I usually take a hand in character creation so as to better fit the adventures around it, and to make sure everyone has a role to play on the boat without having everyone else cramp their style. This also makes sure I have information about your character that generally wouldn't be common knowledge; one of the best parts of Firefly was the mysterious past of each crew member.

Leprechaun Warrior

Serenity's a point-buy system. No classes. Not even templates. On one hand, it means you can have two people with similar "jobs" but who are highly different. Other hand, it means you can have people in different "jobs" who are highly redundant. So, yeah, it takes coordination.

Archived